Mai Ball! - Vol. 16 Ch. 104.2 - Riria Konbaru's True Talents! (Part 2)

Interesting...So she's pushing her teammates to make the plays. And here I was thinking that she was about to pull an absurd goal. Guess she indeed has "the teaching spirit".

Dex-chan lover
@Zonko Seems like it, have to say i do like this approach, Konbaru's objective of being a teacher really is ingrained on her character.

So basically, she sucks at passing since she is unable to adapt her passes to different players. You may as well kick the ball super hard all the way across the pitch and hope some super player runs at the speed of light to catch up to it and score a tap in.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah... supermonkey123 is just correct here. This is not a playstyle that should be applauded. Professionals know how to pass at a level that elementary schoolers can work well with. Kicking the ball to a position that is good is a sort of skill if your precision is sufficiently high, but you should also be kicking it to where someone is *already moving towards*. No good player passes to a position that forces their teammate to run to a completely new target.

This is such garbage. I now want the manga to just end.

She's capable of passing to a level where elementary schoolers can work well with... we actually saw a match with her and elementary schoolers vs Reika and the two other girls lol.

@Zonko Yeah, she seems to be teaching her teammates to move towards the space instead of just running forward or something like that.

Dex-chan lover
Still, you'd expect such a genius player to be able to adjust to the players around her. She wouldn't be this highly rated, if only one girl on the team can actually get her passes.

Double-page supporter
She can't make a slower pass because Kijikita would catch it. And it's not a question of speed, Mia needs to anticipate where the spaces are going to open.

Double-page supporter
She's educating her own team mid game to make them go Super Kijinin.

Holy shit, Benio showed competence again!

@codetaku
This is completely different compared to the futsal match. She only had to worry about 2 players while she had 3 teammates then. It's easier to pass to the kids because they don't have a formation. They wouldn't get marked, too, considering the numbers advantage.

Dex-chan lover
it feels like shes trying to push her team into good shooting spots, but not realizing most of the team is physical burnt out too

Supporter
I just want this damn match to be over with already. This is beginning to feel like Prison School where a arc lasts for over 2 years.

Totally nailed my prediction last time, now one person on Konbaru's team is noticing what's going on, a shame that said person is not on the field anymore, and there's also two on Mai's team now , let me explain what i think she is doing with those plays ,it's kinda long but this is what most football players do think when playing on actual game or at least what most football players i know try to do:

Kinoshita's team is putting all of their 10 girls on defense, that means that they have the whole area of their field covered, so the chances of sliping a pass without being intercepted towards one of the 2 or 3 persons attacking are small, and even if Konbaru did make a successful pass towards someone, chances are they will get marked by 3 or 4 persons and unless your dribble is good enough to being called a prodigy there is no way you're dribbling all the way to the goal area with the ball and make a goal , Konbaru knows that right now there is no one that can achieve this since number 10 is already out so she's teaching to their strikers what they should have known by now, if you can't penetrate the opponents defense, you run towards their backs or at the open spaces on their defense and wait for the passer to make a long pass towards those areas, so yeah, she IS guiding her strikers making passes to the open space through Kinoshita's defense hoping that someone on the field actually catches what's going on and actually start running towards those areas where an attack will create a successful chance to make a goal, instead of blindly running towards the goal area.

Users who are viewing this thread