Mairimashita! Iruma-kun - Ch. 353 - Respect

Dex-chan lover
Not to mention the fact that it's not in line with Baal's core beliefs of essentially survival of the fittest to set something like this up. He does help demons out when it serves his purposes, but a plan by him would have more of a "make them grateful and more subservient" intention, whereas it feels like Mephisto is trying to push Iruma into helping the Many Ear race into a better path, one where they're not as dependent on being ruled by the strong🤔
Exactly.

You said even better what I wanted to say, Baal is not above manipulation at the long term, but you can always see that there is a "line" he doesn't cross.

Even keeping his intentions secret he clearly is pushing himself to do it, he hates doing it but hides it, but when we see him doing things more forcefully we see how he truly likes to do things.

We know that as one of the 13 he destroyed a river(?) that was liked by Delkira as a show of force, that is something he would do.

I think he would do or even command any subordinate to do such a strategy as what Mephisto is doing only as a desperate measure, but he doesn't need such a thing, his standing politically is stronger than ever and he already feels overloaded acting as a perfect bachelor to that princess.

Dex-chan lover
I wander if Iruma's contribution would be finding a way for the many ear tribes to be independent.

Dex-chan lover
I think we can cross Mephisto out of the list of possible allies of Baal.

He personally decided to do this, besides the fact that Iruma is involved there is no other "compromising" fact for this decision, Baal's allies may disguise their intent, but they don't really help people, Baal himself is famous for his role in wars.

So the fact that Mephisto decided to do such a project shows that he is a stand-up guy, he is looking for those that can protect themselves.
Ehhh, this still gives me a bad vibe. I'm not saying that Mephisto's plan is for sure in-line with the Fingers, but he didn't bat an eye at them pledging fealty. Maybe it's a cultural thing. But still, there's not enough to say whether Meph is good or not quite yet.

Dex-chan lover
Another member for Iruma's harem.
Nova's design seems boyish at a first glance, but you can never tell with Nishi-sensei.
This is turning into the "100 Demons who really(x5) love Iruma", lol

Dex-chan lover
the pronoun nova uses is "ore," which is decidedly masculine. I think there's very little doubt, if any, that we're supposed to interpret the character as a boy
Tomboyish girl use ore too.
And it's pretty clear that if she is a girl, she is a tomboy and thus would use "ore".

It's like "watashi" or using your own name. First used mainly for girl, second for kid. But a girly boy will use watashi. And a kiddy grow up will use their own name.

Even more in japanese, Pronouns announce how someone present themselves, not what they "truly" are.

Ehhh, this still gives me a bad vibe. I'm not saying that Mephisto's plan is for sure in-line with the Fingers, but he didn't bat an eye at them pledging fealty. Maybe it's a cultural thing. But still, there's not enough to say whether Meph is good or not quite yet.
Why would he bat an eye? That's literally how the Netherworld operates. Weaker demons pledge themselves to a stronger demon or they risk their own doom. I doubt many demon would've bat an eye at that, especially none of the thirteen heroes. Only one who did was Iruma, and that's because he's simply a human who still possesses his human morals and ideas and haven't yet actually acclimated to the Netherworld's culture.

With kids roaming around and aggressive selling, also them travelling and living in tents, I just can't help but think of many-ears as a gypsy analogue. "Snatch" movie also comes to mind.

Another harem member located.
Truly nobody is immune to the unparalleled oblivios rizz harem king iruma sama

I'm looking forward to what country this is gonna be. I may just expect that it will have some japanese influence like Vysache in shangrila frontier. But with Clara I think this would go down on culture/merchant centric state.

Can't wait for Iruma to activate his good boy bloodline magic and make Nova join the Iruma Harem, I could see the many ears becoming the beginning of Iruma having a significant faction of his own
With them showing how ninja-esque many-ears are, I can see them becoming his intelligent network.

Users who are viewing this thread