Mairimashita! Iruma-kun - Ch. 356 - I'll Come Along

Dex-chan lover

Dex-chan lover
So based on that classroom panel from a few chapters ago, and Clara's flashback to how much she's enjoying school, are they going to build his own version of Babyls for the many-ears?
No need to re-create infrastructure worse when already good resources exist. Also that would just keep the many ears from being on equal status, since they would still be seperated from the other demons.

Clara shines a good light on what the actual issue here is. The many ears are so discriminated against that they don't have the resources to partake in society the same way other demons like clara can.

They don't have Families that can teach them magic, because they were never allowed to gain significant wealth or power that way. Essentially forced into some kind of indentured servitude.

What Iruma is gonna do is (probably) create the foundation for the future of the many ears by teaching the children how to use Magic on a level that will allow them to be equals to the other demons their age. These children will then grow up, have their own children and then teach them as well how to use magic. Some will become teachers for young children etc.

Essentially laying the foundation for the many ears to be independent. together with Nova being the most likely candiate for kind of the many ears, they will have a leader whose main interest is creating an enviroment where his people can stand pround with the other demons.

Dex-chan lover
BTW, at first I believed that Iruma will end up a teacher at Babyls. But with the 6 rank exam based on "do not become a king to pass", I'm more and more convinced that he'll actually be THE Demon King in the end. Not because he wants power, but because he'll learn responsobility as well as delegation, and there will be all sorts of events that'll lead into "Fine, I'll do it myself" moment.

I can't believe the same day I talked with a friend about how well done M!IK treats the concept of education is the day we get a wonderful chapter of a character reflecting on her privilege on having such good education to begin with and wanting to pay that forward.
Gosh darnit, I love this manga so much- thank you for translating <3

The plant being a metaphor for the Nova, the student was executive fairly well. Plants only bloom when the soil has adequate nutrients, the roots are strong, and they are treated sincerely. Similarly, Nova can only "bloom" when he is treated without prejudice (as Iruma showed), taught the basics (as Clara did), and taught patiently (like all the soulmates). Furthermore, the plant blooming simultaneously with Nova was quite poetic.

Supporter
Glad I wasn't the only one getting misty reading this chapter. Clara is so strong in so many ways now that it's good to remember what a mess she was when Iruma first met her.

Users who are viewing this thread