Mairimashita! Iruma-kun: If Episode of Mafia - Ch. 10 - Knight

Dex-chan lover
To add to all the praise that everyone's heaped on this spinoff, I might honestly enjoy this spinoff more than the original and I say that as a fan. It feels like all the characters have an extra layer they were missing in the original and the story's got a little more edge without going over the top.

• Making Sullivan actually raise Iruma from a young age makes their relationship deeper and makes it more believable that Iruma's a hyper capable guy who can solve a bunch of crazy problems
  • I like Opera's added sass and rougher edge
  • Making Kalego into Iruma's private tutor and in charge of the business side of the mob makes his nasty attitude more understandable
  • Alice has his own major storyline and isn't just Iruma's unquestioning supporter
  • Clara is cooler, confident and capable in this version. The original series would sideline her whenever things got too strenuous but I love that she looks to be as strong as Alice
  • Ameri and Iruma's relationship is much deeper here, even if the childhood friend angle is a little cliche
  • The moral questions that have come up feel alot more interesting
  • The characters are still mostly true to the original
  • The art is fantastic
The real test of the story will be in how it manages the cast, which is the original's biggest strength but I've been really impressed so far. Can't wait to see how this story handles the rest of the Misfit class and the Six Fingers.

Dex-chan lover
Oh muh gawd, iruma looks so damn cook all without hurting anyone, ameri looks so much like a Mafia boss, hell I think she is goated with the sauce, it's a fucking fire adaptation and I'm all for it

Dex-chan lover
I think the outfit Kiriwo is wearing could be a school uniform. And it remains to be seen which school he is enrolled in or if he is enrolled in any school, just as it is for example in the main manga series, Kiriwo is briefly enrolled in Demon Children's Garden.

I also liked the reference that the main series, in the Harvest Festival arc where Robin uses the magic of his bloodline and shoots an arrow at Ocho and in this series Robin being on the roof of a building, using a sniper, shot him Ocho, only this time Ocho is saved at the last moment by Kiriwo and those from the terrorist organization the 6 fingers.

I also think that in the next chapter Ameri should fully join the Babyls mafia, and then in another chapter we should be presented with the way in which Azz-kun came
to get that scar on his face.
. And in the end finally show us Kiriwo completely in this series.

Also in this manga series the author said how
Sabnock Sabro is also a policeman just like Azz-kun, he also said something about Keroli, the fact that in this series she would actually be the opera singer.
So as Azz-kun and with Sabnock Sabro would be the
policemen
in this series, I think that Narnia could be the director of the second division/director of the first division of the metropolitan police. Considering the fact that in the main Narnia manga series he is the
director of the border division.

Contributor
Why is this version of iruma got so many nice ass pictures but we gotta wait 35 chapters for 1 cool moment of canon iruma. Straight badass mf here
Mainline Iruma-kun is a school life manga with occasional terrorism. Iruma IF is a Mafia manga. There's a reason why Mafia is popular as a genre even in Japan (instead of a yakuza au). Spinoffs also have the benefit of being bold because they're not the core that everything is relying on to continue. The monthly release also means they have to concentrate all the moments. Hence these three chapters in three months taking up what would be like 8 chapters worth of content.

Double-page supporter
this has been fun, we might see iruma getting some assassination skills later from bachiko

Fed-Kun's army
I hope we get a satisfying ending rather than it just ending abruptly because it caught up too fast with the main story...

Dex-chan lover
I'm loving the student council's gang designs! It's kinda like how they were a bunch of hoodlums before they got recruited in the main series

Dex-chan lover
THEY MADE HIM FRENCH???

Okay so Amerie, bbg<3

Iruma finally snapped her out of her unhealthy mindset, where she thinks she has to be "Knight" and Iruma has to be the "Princess".

It's interesting how the dynamic of these two is both an inversion of stereotypical genderroles and a fullfillment of them.

At the end of the day Amerie is the "stereotypical princess" getting saved, and Iruma is the knight in shining Armor.
Amerie thought that Iruma needed saving while beeing completely in denial of her own need of being saved/ having someone to reley on.
She was so trapped in the fairy tale of her own making, that made her blind to reality. She was ready to bear the sin of that contract, even if she hated the idea of that with every fiber of her being.

Trusting babels with the slums wasn't an option before Iruma destroyed that contract, because destroying the contract is what made her snap out of it.

That's when she realized that Iruma isn't the princess and babels isn't the tower/enemie.

I mean look at this panel
b2603fd01c6d828440a8446923b6f16b.jpg

the way the are both sweating, nervous
She clearly sees now how shameful and forceful she had been before,

making Iruma into someone he is not,
making her herself into someone she is not,
making their relationship into something it's not

fac0920d0592ffc52995b9f9bbc8f431.jpg

she is dropping her head in shame now, a clear juxtaposition between the frame above and here.
She is also not looming above him anymore, inserting herself into his space forefully.
Instead iruma is getting on her level

She tried so hard to be a "suave alpha male lead" in some romance story, she completely forgot to be herself.

Now personally I'm not quite sure what to think of the possible subtext message here.
After all, this follows
db03c3c4dda0ea2b85d97a0d52b43acd.jpg

I think the idea that subtextually "The girls are happier in traditional gender roles" is not what the author tried to go for but it's kinda there as an unintended side effect of amerie ending up in the "princess" role.

I think the main take away of this panel is to actually show that she's growing out of her in box thinking where one side has to be the princess and the other has to be the prince. Though i don't think it's that well conveyed? It's sounds alot like she is more in denial about Iruma being her "Knight", rather than rejecting the idea of needing a knight in the first place

I mean if it's supposed to be panel about conforming to her role as "princess"even if in denial then this panel
a59db5daf371e2b5c01ec88cc8a25d9a.jpg

doesn't make any sense, since she is acknowledging him as the young boss of babel, as equal, here. Not her knight or the princess. But the role iruma choose for himself the young boss of babel.

This get's further cemented here
0a1aa10c7e739322f17560ef392c4ff5.jpg

If she thought of him as princess or knight she would spoil him, take responsibility for the water damage herself, but no.
He's the young boss of babels someone she is now works with as equals, even if technically under him.
So she makes him take responsibility for it.

yeah even if there were some minor bumps in this, I sooo enjoyed this sorta deconstruction of gender roles in romance immensely.

Edit: Ops, just realized there was an issue with the pictures (at least for me) hopefully I fixed it~
tldr pls

Users who are viewing this thread