Mairimashita! Iruma-kun: If Episode of Mafia - Vol. 2 Ch. 6 - Rock It!

Dex-chan lover
i think I'm really starting to see the way the two stories differentiate between themselves without loosing the core that makes these stories/universes unique and fun.

The main story is sorta all about greed and how a society can still function even when everbody is greedy. It's about being greedy and kind. Iruma learns to grow up more self assured and greedy, without loosing his inherent kindness. Slowly, one demon at a time, he grows into a kind ruler.

Here it's about the inherent moral grayness of Iruma being, still, an inherently kind boy and the leader of an evil mafia organisation.
This is important because Babels is in fact evil.
They kill, torture, sell drug and what else the Mafia does.
And, more importantly, they control.

This entire chapter is the perfect analogy for this.
Buy using his vast resources, made from evil deeds, Iruma uses a park that has long been abandoned to bring genuine smile to both the circus workers and the people that visit

The only person who rejects this is the circus master who only wants to be evil, or rather rich.

If i had to guess, I would say the narrative might go in the direction to say that love and justice can be everywhere, as long as people have the capabilites to care about them.

Hunger, being used as the main motive for both greed and the actual act of being hungry (being poor and desperate) that drives people to do unspeakable things.

The circus director is Hungry in the way that he's greedy, without having love or at least empathy.
Iruma being Hungry in the way that he's also greedy, for people to love and cherish (and actual food lmao)

Iruma's first introduction was literally him feeding people, even if they aren't truly kind.

I'm not entirely sure where I'm going with this, but the way both stories frame greed and hunger is certainly interesting!!

Dex-chan lover
Man, I didn't know this would turn into my new favorite so damn fast. Thank you for translations!

Ugh her smile is so !!!

Also can we talk how GOOD the art visual is? Like damn!

I feel ya! Totally not saving every frame with Clara in it. Nuh-uh.

0NE3lDp.jpg

I really like whatever black magic is used to draw this manga. Wish I could get some posters of it. Like the one with smiling Clara.

Guys. We might have one of those "the sequel is actually better than the prequel" situation here. I like their more human forms and clothes. They still keep their original characteristic but in our world's standarts PLUS cool backstories. I knew this will be good when I saw the posters with our main cast. If we get a good Ameri arc too, I will give this a better point than the original manga. (and yes, this Clara is wife material)

Users who are viewing this thread