Mairimashita! Iruma-kun - Vol. 17 Ch. 149 - Pixie's Melody

"He's so good at hiding nobody has found him for years"

...soo what I'm getting is that he died

no wait, if you are good enough at hiding could you hide from death?

Fed-Kun's army
@MandrakeKing
I think most of the people here even agree that "The Pixie" could have been established sooner. I agree to an extend, but I also think it would be a distraction if not melded with a relevant topic (Like how demon Idols and Evil Phases where established together)
Then you agree with my original statement.
I like that the author has no forward planning, so instead of doing any clever foreshadowing about "the pixie" for a hundred chapters now. We get it shoved in our face this chapter as if this was a common occurrence.
Nothing mentioned about the music festival. Then I get one person telling me Shounen doesn't need foreshadowing, another stating that not all author's need to have the same style (as if foreshadowing is a style rather than tool), and another stating that Purson being a demon in Ars Goetia who plays trumpets is foreshadowing for him playing trumpet in this series. I didn't even bother mentioning the music festival because it was not my original point.

I will admit a mistake and say I forgot the music festival was already mentioned in chapter 95. I was already primed by the author completely dropping the ball with Pixie to not remember that the music festival got a one panel mention. It gets further compounded then however, that the author was able to foreshadow Puson, foreshadow the music festival, but unable to foreshadow the Pixie.

You're objectively wrong by the number of comments relating to the argument over how much people cared about the music festival vs the original point.

I love the fact that he is a quiet and shy person until he gets to know you, then he will not STFU.

That the family magic is "detection warding" does not mean the family members have to be invisible and socially avoiding too. A rather twisted belief by the parents/ancestors when you think about it.

Many shy people are actually talkative. This is spot on. Purson would be another friend and ally of Iruma's. Important since Baal and company already know and would at some point setup "human Iruma" against the demons.

Double-page supporter
Him just whipping out his trumpet was hilarious.
Yeah, I agree that Soi's inclusion could have been handled better than dropping a previously unmentioned element like the Pixie into the story, but to be honest it doesn't really bother me, mostly because; one, I'm guessing the author never planned out the details for secondary characters this far, and two, other than being used as off handed foreshadowing, when would it's inclusion be relevant or add anything to the previous arcs.

Double-page supporter
Doesn't Purson kind of remind you of the Six Fingers guy? Is that the missing older brother?

Double-page supporter
@mmmmmmmmmmn The Six Fingers group who attacked the theme park. One of them looks a lot like Purson, and we know Purson has a missing older brother.
He's also the one (I think), who
might have recruited the tall musician demon.

I like the reference though. Gravity Falls was great.

Users who are viewing this thread