Mairimashita! Iruma-kun - Vol. 5 Ch. 38 - Human Treatment

Dex-chan lover
This whole chapter felt weird, I don't know if the japanese wordplay couldn't be adapted into english or if the translation itself was wonky but that part where they talk about humans and "return to the originator" was really confusing.

Dex-chan lover
I like prez a lot but I also like him with Clara, oof tough decision

Anyway when the time comes that his true identity is revealed well... HOO BOY

@acolytus i think its poor wording on the translators part...cause sometimes in order to make sentences make sense they change the literal translations around, but it feels like that wasnt done here...i dont dislike it bt thats what it feels like

I feel like the translation is getting worse.
It's not so bad that I can't tolerate it, and I do thank the people working on it for their efforts, but I feel like it wouldn't hurt to have a native English speaker give it a quick glance through to make sure the lines make sense.

Page 4: "Too big for an conspicuousness."
What? I think you're trying to say "I'm too big to be inconspicuous" but it would flow a lot better if it was something like "I'm standing out too much"

Page 6: "I don't know what he's like."
I think that should be "I wonder what they're like."

Page 8: a more minor point, but I'm pretty sure that should say "URGENT" instead of "URGENCY"
Also page 8: "Please stick around here a while longer before erasing all doubts" Should be something like "until all doubts are erased"

That's just a few that stuck out the most, but there's grammatical errors on almost every page these days.

Dex-chan lover
So he is an ally? And now he is the enemy. -_-

Alice x Iruma all the way! Though I have to confess I also like Amelie and Clara. And there has been more romantic interaction between Amelie and MC than between him and Alice or Clara. Azu! Step up your game and SHOW him you ARE game!

Supporter
@Crosonical They are Vietnamese scanlators and actually translate to both Vietnamese and English. The thing is
- They take on waysss too many projects and try too hard to finish early, hence the poor proofread and quality check
- This manga is translated from Japanese to Vietnamese then to English ( you can see quite a few tiny Vietnamese leftovers in previous chapters) so the translation can be very off since it's double translation (is that the term?)

I appreciate their efforts, but it can't be denied that they do a sloppy job.

Users who are viewing this thread