Mairimashita! Iruma-kun - Vol. 8 Ch. 70 - Walter Park

Using prisoners as actual living fuel sounds innovative. I also assume it's renewable too since the magic regenerates. Lucky there's no demon rights activists.

Dex-chan lover
Illuminati-kun should be wary of Templar-chan and Dragon-san.

Fed-Kun's army
Oh no... I thought this would just be a comfy funny arc, this kinda got dark all of a sudden...

On a side note, ballam-sensei's group seems the best overall, despite it being a sausage party lol

Banned
... I'm puzzled. There seem to be comments expressing surprise at Opera being female... as if it wasn't blatantly obvious from the start.

Fed-Kun's army
Wait, Opera is non binary, aren't they ? So what is everyone talking about ?

Double-page supporter
@Missi
Stop assuming Opera's gender identity you bigot, if there isn't anything hinting one way or the other, Opera's gender/identity should be classified as unknown.

Fed-Kun's army
@Degernase
... They uses "They/Them" pronouns in the translation and I've seen many, MANY peoples qualify them as such. Since the mangaka won't confirm nor deny their gender, non binary is the best thing to get, instead of saying they are a man when they use different pronouns.
So until we get an official word on it, I will think of them as non binary like so many peoples do, because it fits, non binary peoples get representation and since it's a character, it won't hurt them to get called non binary.
So please, tell me again why I shouldn't say that it's their gender ?

Double-page supporter
@Missi
So please, tell me again why I shouldn't say that it's their gender ?
Well first of all choosing to not identify as a gender is not a gender itself, much like identifying as a goth isn't a gender.
They uses "They/Them" pronouns in the translation
Now I can't speak with any authority on this, but Japanese pronouns tend to be either masculine or feminine somewhere along a grey-scale where some are more extreme than others but with no truly neutral options.

Maybe the raw is simply using Opera's name instead, and constantly repeating it would be awkward to read so the translators opted for a neutral pronoun.

Lastly, maybe the characters don't know Opera's gender either and are just politely avoiding direct references to it. That doesn't mean it's a reflection of Opera's own self.
So until we get an official word on it, I will think of them as non binary like so many peoples do, because it fits
That's like, your opinion, dude.
No harm in deciding your own head-cannon if things are left purposefully vague.

Fed-Kun's army
@Degernase
Then I shall apologize because it was my mistake. I was genuinely confused considering that I've heard so much that Opera was Non binary that I didn't bother to check and just went with it, becuse it seemed to fit. I did check only after your reply and did felt bad for forcing what was apparently my own opinion and not a well known fact on others, but your insults were too distracting for me to apologize for it properly.
Thank you for dignifying me with a proper response and not more insults tho. I appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread