Mairimashita! Iruma-kun

Dex-chan lover
Finally got around to watching the anime. Was actually really well done (I watched the dub). I actually enjoyed it whenever Clara and family went into song. Lol. Can't wait for season 2.

Group Leader
D9bpp5W.png

Okay my honest review i'll mainly focus on story.

Manga itself isn't half bad, had great potential, i've disliked few chapters but most of the arcs where pretty
interesting. MC isn't your typical "stay weak, relay on others till end" type of guy. He's actually capable and inspiring to others
characters. The thing i really mind is Asmodeus, well not dislike him as character but his gay - servant tendencies. Be his fucking friend, don't lick his ass each chance you got, seriously he fawns over him too much, i understand Clara and her love interest, but cmon other guy, really? The second, that whole cross - dressing thing. Look don't get me wrong, i don't mind it sometimes for comedy sake but he's getting too much into, to the point of getting mad when called "ugly" in his drag. Lastly that fucking, annoying, vain bitch from current arc who thinks everything's resolving around her is freaking unbearable that i might drop this. It's real shame as this manga is generally okay.

The longer a fictional story is drawn out the higher the chance it will include homoeroric tensions.
You can see this everywhere from Epic of Gilgamesh to Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun.

Jokes aside this arc is a massive disappointment.Author pulled out some literal who as an antagonist for the arc,there is nothing at stake here for the mc and the whole story should've been put in a spin off manga focusing on Kerori

Imagine having the most LGBTQ+ heavy arc and it's the worst arc in the entire series.

Imagine having the most prominent Lesbian couple in the series be the worst pairing in the entire series.

- This post was made by the Super-Straight gang.

People really hate this arc? I don't think it was that bad. Female Irumi was a cool, and it gives more character depth to their evidol classmate

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

@tsunamic

People really hate this arc?

Yup, well not hate. Hate is reserved for arc(s) that undermine this series's established values or ruin a character's progression or good characterization.

This arc is at best underwhelming. It had a lukewarm start and some funny moments, but that's it. Iruma doesn't seem to have learned anything new that could improve himself, Lied and Ameri doesn't add anything to the plot other than funny reactions, Kerori (Evidol gal) doesn't have any developments, in fact she became worse of a character (more on that later). The lesbian relationship is really problematic, because when they do get together, Gyari will lose interest and go after the next hottest piece of ass she can get. Kerori's view on her relationship with Gyari is absolutely unhealthy, because instead of it building on mutual respect and care about eachother (like Iruma and Ameri) it's instead built on competition where both parties refuse to submit to eachother.

Not to mention the whole arc doesn't have any exciting stakes. Kerori's team mop the floor with the competition. Only Gyari is allowed to put up a fight, and she does so by screaming her name multiple times like a banshee (look forward when they depict that in the anime). And fuck they literally de-masculated chad-ruma in to a bitchy goth-gurl (aesthetically atleast), who at best looks like a drag queen and at worst... like a cross dressing dude... not that bad admittedly but certainly not good (to my taste). It didn't help that this arc's climax is a bastardization of the PREVIOUS ARC'S CLIMAX (which was also the best climax in the series).

So yea, I argue this is the worst arc, marring the otherwise spotless run of this wonderful series. Though it's not atrocious, it didn't ruin the series, but it's bad.

This actually feels like the last jedi all over again lol.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Double-page supporter
@Gierek bold of you to assume the Epic of Gilgamesh wasn't at least mildly gay from the start.
But see also: Patrochilles.

@Hibikiii
No I was saying Chapter 196 will be the first chapter of Volume 23 at this rate

That Vol 21 Cover looks really cool, btw, first time seeing Ameri's wings.

@Flaresanime
it's more likely that they gonna do the Irumean arc first since they left it at that in S1 and then do the moe amelie arc. just like what they did with the cannon ball arc and the Clara seduction chapter

Group Leader
@bigbushy101 they might, though you need Ali for Irumean and he's introduced before Moe Amelie, so they can't go straight into Irumean. I suspect they'll do some sort of "but to understand how he got like this, you need to see what happened last week!" and then skip back for a few episodes.
Either way though, we're definitely not getting the Harvest Festival, Music Festival, or Evidol Games arcs in season 2 (which was what I wanted to demonstrate with the graphic).

Users who are viewing this thread