Mairimashita! Iruma-kun

NOT EVEN CLOSE BABY YOU CAN'T BEND ME!!! IM AS STRAIGHT AS A RAY OF LIGHT!!!!! ngl i've caught myself trying to reread chap 195 for unknown reason

Dex-chan lover
Yet you don't understand @villagerLVL999, If you are straight as A Ray of light, then Chapter 195 is A Prism which Bended your Straightness and revealed your true 7 colours.

Wtf is there so many people angry at this arc
And the most stupid thing is that one of the reasons is because "it's a pretty gay arc" wtf it's not even the main character

@unrodmell

I've already given my reason why I dislike this arc and find it underwhelming. It's in this comment section that's hidden under spoilers because of moderation.

You can like the gay relationship as much as you like, but it doesn't excuse the lackluster execution of this arc and I don't think it's fair to frame us as unreasonable homophobes simply because you like the antagonist's sexuality

Dex-chan lover
I get why people don't like the arc since in the black and white demon author pretty much drop a big bomb but the arc after that doesn't explore it and instead do Idol thing, but IMO this arc is important since it's a breather before the next bomb being drop, and it flesh out the classmate character, so it's not like a certain hero school manga where they didn't flesh out most of it's characters even tho it's already past 300 chp.

I know this idol arch isn't the best but my heart says it different, my weeks has been all messed up in anxiety for this fanfiction arch... I can see Nishi-sensei having fun doing this :)
This arch is my guilty pleasure inside this manga nlg~

Fed-Kun's army
@nutman451 They use the "homophobe" excuse because they know this arc was lackluster, a step back for Kuromu as a character and a paper thin antagonist. Personally if you only like this arc because the antagonist is gay then you're just a fetishist with no taste. I didn't hate this arc but this is by far the weakest arc in the series, not even the return of Iruma's wicked phase could save it and that's fucking saying something.

@MRain

IMO this arc is important since it's a breather before the next bomb being drop, and it flesh out the classmate character

I disagree, just before this arc were a series of episodic chapters, all of which did both of what you said far better than this arc could ever hope to achieve.

Though I wont deny this arc managed to get some laughs out of me, it didn't flesh out the characters (particularly Ameri, Lied and Iruma) or barely does so for Kuromu's case, but imo it's for the worse.

@yaszassu

Hey if you enjoyed it, more power to ya man. But for me, it just felt like a big disappointment after a seemingly limitless high.

@Somethindarker
Yup, I completely agree.

Dex-chan lover
@nutman451 my wording is probably wrong, I don't mean it to be a Important arc(it's not it's just fan service & small character development) what I mean was it's a breathing room arc, the arc suppose to down the tension to zero again, I mean yeah there is the iruma birthday & the shopping chapter but even in that chapter reader probably still remember the high tension before, this idol arc is supposed to zero out/nullify the tension entirely, and since the tension is already nullify with the Idol arc the next bomb the author drop would seem more exciting since the past few chapters was just some silly skit & pretty much the usual life. Also, I disagree with you on the Kerori character development was for the worse, In these past chapter Kerori got developed into an actual someone that has life outside of Iruma POV, it didn't super develop her but that peek into her life IMO is enough.

I do find it the arc not super interesting, but I disagree on antagonizing the arc

@nutman451 I'm not saying that, but I saw people saying that they don't like this arc because they dislike couples of the same sex, that is what I mean, I understand if you don't like but saying that you don't like it because of that is simply sad

Users who are viewing this thread