Mairimashita! Iruma-kun

Can someone, please, elaborate me, why this one is so high-rated?
This is, basically, same turd as Hayate the Combat Butler, Zero no Tsukaima or any other low-quiality school life harem with dense mc. And, unlike, for example, Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou, mc here is not proactive at all.

It's like I've stumbled across upon holy grail with ratings of Berserk, Vinland Saga or Hellsing, but for me it's low-quiality Chinese mass product that stands on shelf with masterpieces.

Laughed a lot, good series.
Some long stretches with bad translations are tough to get through though, and also this gets really long. Got what I wanted, but stopped after firework arc. I'm a busy dude.

qj0

Can someone, please, elaborate me, why this one is so high-rated?
This is, basically, same turd as Hayate the Combat Butler, Zero no Tsukaima or any other low-quiality school life harem with dense mc. And, unlike, for example, Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou, mc here is not proactive at all.

It's like I've stumbled across upon holy grail with ratings of Berserk, Vinland Saga or Hellsing, but for me it's low-quiality Chinese mass product that stands on shelf with masterpieces.
Personally I find it's just a fun read, it's a nice comfortable series that I don't need to worry about reading into complex themes. But at the same time I don't usually have the best taste so who knows 😭

Personally I find it's just a fun read, it's a nice comfortable series that I don't need to worry about reading into complex themes. But at the same time I don't usually have the best taste so who knows 😭
It's not like I'm trying to belittle it. This harem monster girl romcoms are fun read, I just can't really understand why this one is so high-rated while being good in it's own category, but not masterpiece compared to manga overall

It's not like I'm trying to belittle it. This harem monster girl romcoms are fun read, I just can't really understand why this one is so high-rated while being good in it's own category, but not masterpiece compared to manga overall
Cause It's not just a harem monster girl romcom? From your earlier comment, it seems like you've barely skimmed the surface of this series and immediately dismissed it as some other slop you've seen when it's anything but that. The story quickly finds its stride and the MC is the absolute opposite of "dense" or "not proactive".

It's a really damn good shonen/comedy with top-notch character writing and development. Some of the best i've ever seen in manga. It's primarily comedic and has an overall warm/cheerful/comfy tone to the story, but it's able to balance that with heartfelt moments or actual stakes where appropriate.

It's a different kind of food compared to things like vinland saga or berserk, but is just as good in its own way.

Double-page supporter
There's a reason why reading full series is important rather than skimming

It's not a rom com at all. There is very little romance in it at all. There are little hints of it here and there, but this manga is primarily about an a boy, who was abused and unloved in the human world, being adopted by a high ranking member of hell, trying to learn to survive in hell, keep his secret (being human) safe, while making friends along the way.

It is a fun adventure full of likeable characters and various antics that accentuate the concept of "feeling out of place," that anyone can relate to. It is about found family, and learning that a real family is made up of the people who truly love you. That is why this manga has resonated so well with so many people, and that is why it is so highly rated.

Users who are viewing this thread