Mairimashita! Iruma-kun

I understand the situation a little bit better now and apologize for sticking my nose where it doesn't belong. I'm merely a simple bystander trying to de-escalate a situation, sorry. That said, I'm still sure that it's probably not malicious and more just being inconsiderate.

Anyway, I'll hop out of this discussion now since it's not my place to speak for others. I hope the issue can be resolved peacefully.

Power Uploader
I hope so. What we need now is that both groups talk together, we do not mean conflict because it will lead to undue trouble.

Group Leader
Didn't send any messages? How about you check your messages with our group leader, COF, on here again.

Power Uploader
Lambdadelta said that he did not receive any messages (with images), he and he tried sending messages together to check if the message system had any problems, but it still works. . If your leader does not lie, then he may have encountered an internet connection problem when replying to the message. Maybe we should talk through our fanpage, or email (they are mentioned in our credit). This is a project we put in a lot of effort, although we are busy real life, but still try to spend time for it. I have seen the comments of a member of your group on reddit, he seems to think we drop and continue to do it

And I repeat that we are still continuing this project, as soon as we uploaded chap 17, a member of your group sent us a mail asking about continuing this project, and we has stated will continue to do. But you deliberately intervene even though we said so. It's like you're throwing a cold water in our face.
Maybe you should think about "When I'm still trying to do my job, and someone interferes with it." In my country, it is no different than provoking others. "I'm better than you, so I'm using this result to ask you to leave that job and leave all for me ". Very impolite, isn't it? So you can imagine how uncomfortable we are about your actions.

And this should probably end here, we also do not want to go too far on this issue. I expect Cyan Steam to stop that rude act, and if possible, I expect you to contact us to give us a satisfactory answer. Thank you.

COF

Group Leader
>Lambdadelta said that he did not receive any messages (with images), he and he tried sending messages together to check if the message system had any problems, but it still works.

Lambdadelta literally responded to said messaged 2 hours ago, so this is a load of bs.

>a member of your group sent us a mail asking about continuing this project, and we has stated will continue to do.

To my knowledge the chapters we uploaded were either finished or being finished before said communications begun. We didn't work on anything afterwards and have nothing to answer for.

> Maybe you should think about "When I'm still trying to do my job, and someone interferes with it." In my country, it is no different than provoking others. "I'm better than you, so I'm using this result to ask you to leave that job and leave all for me ". Very impolite, isn't it? So you can imagine how uncomfortable we are about your actions.

Your country's customs are none of my concern. The argument with your job is as moot as it gets. All members of our group have their own responsibilities outside of this hobby.
Wicked House is a scanlation group, you do not own the official license for this series, and neither do we. If your chapters take months to release, then why on Earth should we abstain from doing this? Our work on it does not hinder yours in any shape or way; you are still able to continue as you did and release your chapters alongside outs.

If we re going to start with the ""politeness" crap now then maybe your group should have dropped this project ages ago when it became apparent that you are unable to follow any, even borderline, consistent uploading schedules in order to clear the way for more dedicated group to be able to properly work on it. And #2 point regarding politeness:

In my country one does not post pictures and accuse others on their group's "official" facebook page behind their backs. You now have the audacity to complain about politeness?

I told your translator that we'll let it go for now, but if your uploads take an eternity again we won't care about "honor among thieves" a.k.a scanlation to begin with.

Okay, this entire conversation is something that needs to be taken off the comment section of a manga and discussed between the two groups privately. I don't think either group wants to make enemies over something as trivial as this. I wasn't involved in working on that chapter, but I know enough of the situation to know that starting a war between the two groups is just childish and it's wasting both group's time. Setup an email chain between COF/Stan/whoever else and talk about this like grown ass men. C'mon guys.

First, my earlier post was emotionally fueled, and I will be removing it.
Second, Cyan Steam, if you want to make sure that we get the most and fastest releases please pick up something which the group has announced it's dropping (there are so many, and all of them with readers just HOPING that someone will pick them up) because the way that you're doing it now just cuts down on how much manga we get to read because two groups are fighting for the same thing. And worse, it might cause a translation team to get discouraged and quite.

Contributor
Because this confrontation. Us readers Feels awkward to comment regarding plot chapter ....
at least My Clara's Ship still sailing.

Cyan Team's Chapter 17's title needs a fix : "Enchated".
Now on the matter of the "team war", most people don't care tbh, so please gtfo the comment section with the text walls, or at least keep it at minimum so those who care can stay tuned on the highlights of the matter.
That said, I kinda like Cyan Team's work on Rokudo and their release pace, so I'm kinda glad they picked this up now that I know there's 49 chapters atm, politeness has nothing to do with anything if they can just deliver.
Caul has a point though, so has CoolOtamegane.

If there are two scanlators at work, then all that needs to be done is for one group to do one set of chapters, and another to do a second set. Bam.

Besides, there are raws up to chapter 51, so it's not like there's a race to be the first to translate the upcoming release.

Contributor
...What was the point of the first year hunt? Like I guess I get it from an in-universe perspective, but like... Okay, I usually don't take shounen manga too seriously in terms of what the mangaka chooses to make a part of their story, but this could quite possibly be one of the few times I feel the need to seriously question the purpose of this from a writing perspective. Is it going to be important later on? Are they trying to further reinforce that everyone thinks Asmodeus and Iruma are strong?

Contributor
@Ceiye: I believe it was supposed to be a parody of club-member hunting in Japanese schools. Or at least that trope in manga; I never went to a Japanese middle/high school so I don't know to what extent it's really a thing.

@Ceiye it's a parody of club's recruiting new members when new students come in. You'll see this trope in almost every club based high school anime. At the top of y head, Kuruko no basket, D-Frag and Haikyuu all use it.

i like this gag manga its really well done
:thumbup::skin-tone-5:
swadloon rates 8/10 for plot, 9/10 for humor
might change in the future
Also has healing factor so is +1 for me :|

Dex-chan lover
@kwendy Magical tool research club of course so he no longer needs to rely on his Grandfathers power ... although I really like the Student President.

Users who are viewing this thread