Mairimashita! Iruma-kun

Dex-chan lover
Japanese doesn't have gendered pronouns. There is no "he is tall," or "she has red hair." It's instead replaced by "Opera-san is tall" & "that person has red hair." The speaker and/or translator doesn't have to intentionally be tricky to hide genders or imply no gender- that's just how the language is structured.
Suffixes aren't 100% either, as a -chan, while usually used for girls, can be used to show that the speaker is really affectionate towards the subject (see Azz-Azz's mom calling him Alice-chan). -kun can also be mixed: it usually refers to younger males, but can be used to refer to female subordinates in an workspace.

You usually have to wait until there's confirmation by the author with a firm "Person A is a boy," but I'm pretty sure Nishi is having fun not giving a direct answer.

I see this manga has a really high rating, could someone make a really short summary what it is about? Is crossdressing focused upon? What's so good about it that it has a 9+ rating?

Fed-Kun's army
Nooo! I finally caught up, I really enjoyed the story throughout and still waits for more!

Thanks to the translating team! ♥

Group Leader
@katilTekir Sweet kid Iruma is sold to a demon by his awful parents. The demon takes Iruma to hell, then adopts him. Iruma makes a bunch of quirky, lovable friends, and from there the story is both cozy and exciting. Lots of tropes are immediately broken in really neat ways. You never know what to expect, but whatever happens is always fun to read.
The villain's reveal in chapter 32 is one part I've seen a lot of people cite as the moment they knew the series was on to something, but there are lots more.
And yeah there's a surprising amount of crossdressing for a shonen (chapters 40-44, 117, and 184-present) but it's compelling XD

@katilTekir
TlDr : boy can't say no gets adopted by demon, goes to demon school and takes out strongest freshman. Said freshman becomes his follower. Tall girl falls in love with Iruma

it would be more interesting by combining evil iruma and crossdressing iruma instead of doing kind of the same thing the first time he crossdressed but its a competition this time
i hope they do it, even tho im tiered of alot of slice of life pulling random crossdress chapters out of their ass

Born too late to see dinosaurs
Born too early to see Gundam
Born the right time to see Iruma and his friends

Yes Amelie you're very cute indeed... I second Iruma on that.
This manga is such a great read from the start until now with Iruma and his friends being absolute cinnamon rolls... give this manga a read if you haven't guys!
Thank you for the scanlators~
I can't wait for the second season of the anime!

Users who are viewing this thread