Majo Taisen - The War of Greedy Witches - Ch. 37 - Legendary Masterpiece

Dex-chan lover
Different ppl see Mona Lisa differently but i wonder what Jeanne saw actually. Also jesus how horrifying that last page was lmao

Dex-chan lover
Interesting, Mona Lisa seems to be more of an impression of a person, rather than solid historical person.
I have a feeling she'll win as she had a interaction with the "heroine" Jean.

Dex-chan lover
I'm already a fan of what the author did with Mona Lisa, especially with the end page. She has more more hyped for the eighth fight than Bonne.

Dex-chan lover
With her short introduction and her personality i think maybe Bonnie have the lose flag here

Group Leader
All I felt when I saw the Mona Lisa (IRL) was disappointment.

Dex-chan lover
With Bonnie's debut that signals that all the characters featured on that color splash page have been introduced and have or are participating in a round so far. It also means that roughly half of them are still alive. I wonder about Bonnie. Mona Lisa seems really interesting and cool based on what we've seen of her premise. But so did Mary Read, Curie, and Orihime.
Could the theme of this battle be beauty is in the eye of the beholder or not letting others define who you are? Until we see more of Mona's personality it will be hard to tell but from what we've seen of Bonnie I can at least hazard some guesses.

Last edited:
With Bonnie's debut that signals that all the characters featured on that color splash page have been introduced and have or are participating in a round so far. It also means that roughly half of them are still alive. I wonder about Bonnie. Mona Lisa seems really interesting and cool based on what we've seen of her premise. But so did Mary Read, Curie, and Orihime.
Could the theme of this battle be beauty is in the eye of the beholder or not letting others define who you are? Until we see more of Mona's personality it will be hard to tell but from what we've seen of Bonnie I can at least hazard some guesses.
Mary Read just losing so suddenly like that definitely shocked me. But Curie and Orihime losing weren't really surprising tbf. I really wanted Curie to win tho (even though it's apparent who the author favored)

It basically comes down to who the author favors.

Dex-chan lover
Mary Read just losing so suddenly like that definitely shocked me. But Curie and Orihime losing weren't really surprising tbf. I really wanted Curie to win tho (even though it's apparent who the author favored)

It basically comes down to who the author favors.
lol I'm reminded of when the authors of Tenkaichi Nihon claimed that they had no preset winners in any of the rounds of their tournament manga and there were no secret protagonists in their series. They claimed the writer, artist, and editor would have a vote amongst themselves a few chapters into each fight and whoever won the vote based on which character could contribute more to the future of the series and that they would treat both characters in each round like they were the series protagonist. The very next round after this declaration was William Adams vs Yagyu and that promptly disproved their statement. Madame Curie's match had that same sort of energy and feel.

Users who are viewing this thread