Major - Vol. 26 Ch. 234 - The Birth of a Monster!

Thanks for all the nice comments guys, we really appreciate it! :) -Mifune Dolphins' group

BP

Fed-Kun's army
It's funny now because so many high school pitchers are pitching in the 90mph range (145kph) but back in the 90s it was so unheard of that Goro looks superhuman when he exceeds 140kph (which is still very good for a modern day high school pitcher)

Dex-chan lover
@Keyz And we appreciate you all as well! Thanks for the quality and constant updates <3

Dex-chan lover
It's funny now because so many high school pitchers are pitching in the 90mph range (145kph) but back in the 90s it was so unheard of that Goro looks superhuman when he exceeds 140kph (which is still very good for a modern day high school pitcher)

Yeah, in fact, Japan finally reached the 160km/hr checkpoint in competition. Sasaki Roki is a modern-day baseball monster :) He actually broke the 100mph barrier during a training camp (with 163km/hr or 101mph) but at koushien, well, pitching at your absolute limit all the time could be dangerous so I assume he's been limiting himself a bit.

Still, yeah, training methods and technique were much more primitive back then. It's awesome what science can let our athletes do.

BP

Fed-Kun's army
@codetaku I do wonder if this unrelenting quest for velocity is detrimental to athletes today. Elbow and Shoulder injuries have skyrocketed not only at the professional level but even at the Middle and High School levels. Some scouts now even reject pitchers who seem like monsters because they know they have unbelievable mileage on their arms already. Very few pitchers in Prep schools or colleges boast great command.

Makes me miss Pitchers like Mark Beurhle and Greg Maddux, getting guys out with pinpoint control on Mid-80s speed pitches.

Users who are viewing this thread