Majutsu Gakuin wo Shuseki de Sotsugyoushita Ore ga Boukensha wo Hajimeru no wa sonna ni okashii darouka - Ch. 52

Dex-chan lover
Damn, I don't blame Cyril for going to church/temple after that, ngl, but when she immediately became an acolyte she quitted because 'I ain't gonna put up with this bullshit!', also can't blame her for that.

She may seem lost, but the skills she got in life has brought her this far, I don't think they were a waste.

Dex-chan lover
Yuuup, time for Cyril to get some character development. And by that I mean a power-up, but also proper character development. She was side-lined a bit too much in the previous arcs...

Also, I like the the switch from the girls having a snack, to the Devil having a "snack", back to the girls.

Dex-chan lover
Not going to lie, I like this type of demon king. He's a superb example of Blue and Orange morality. He functions on his own entirely alien logic, and there is absolutely no way to reason with him, because his entire existence is improvement through conflict. It would be like trying to talk down a tornado or an earthquake.

Dex-chan lover
I like the picknic spread pic.

They're very prepared.

The "too advanced, therefore bad" justification is kind of overdone for ancient forgotten civilizations.

So, the reason he doesn't break the barrier is because he's a battle maniac. Makes sense. He's just insane.

Yup, insane.

That's a particularly cute Cyril being honoured with princess praise.

Something tells me she's not fond of her bridal training. And something tells me I can guess why she went to the order...

Yep, exactly as I expected. It's common in manga that girls who aren't to be married for various reasons to be sent to a cloister. And I can't say I'd make a different choice. Her parents made a terrible choice.

And as soon as she can, turn back into a gremlin and reflect back to Eileen.

Smug face of superiority.

Eh?

So she can empathise with how a certain other character also went adventurer against expectations.

She may seem lost, but the skills she got in life has brought her this far, I don't think they were a waste.
Yeah, seems lost because she compares herself with someone stupidly OP. I hope she'll find her strength soon. She deserves it.

Dex-chan lover
Ugh. Did they really need to go out of their way to establish a worse parent than Will's father? Look, yes, there is misunderstandings between that son and father pair, but the demon lord's conversation with him was a foil comparison.

Dex-chan lover
The Demon Lord killing his kids genuinely made me sad but I do enjoy how he is similar to the demons from Frieren. You can understand their logic but at the same time realize there is no reasoning with them and fighting is truly the only logical way

Dex-chan lover
I say this every other chapter but I love how much development every character gets in this I feel like the girls are just as much the protagonists as will all having there own backstory and goal and equal screen time, Like we didn't see will at all this chapter and it was still very compelling.

Dex-chan lover
Will's dad watching the Demon Lord kill the children was great. The way he immediately tried to stop the Demon Lord but goes silent when he, in a sort of Killing Joke "one bad day" kinda way, can't help but view himself as the same kind of parent as the Demon Lord even though he certainly would never go that far was awesome. I've always been wanting him to improve himself as a parent and for him and Will to make amends, but this really gives the potential of that moment far more weight, imo.

Users who are viewing this thread