Majutsu Gakuin wo Shuseki de Sotsugyoushita Ore ga Boukensha wo Hajimeru no wa sonna ni okashii darouka - Vol. 7 Ch. 35

Dex-chan lover
Do you really think that point is something that someone will disagree with here?

Glenn has weird values and a different opinion to many, as long as he doesn't mishandle normal people, that's the worst of it.
He got pretty touchy and harassing in the first confrontation though, so I guess the author wants us to quickly forget that by getting the redemption arc done.("I don't force anybody", huh I guess you're just using repetive reinforcement to get your point across?)
¯\(ツ)
Glen's writen as a genius and a playboy. He was never a muscle brain, we even had a entire chapter showing us how he lived...

Also WTF do you mean by "he got pretty touchy"? Satsuki attacked him and after this he grabed her arm... How the hell can someone act as if he was in the wrong or as if he had molested her?
The only thing this dude did was talk. Nothing more. Not a single time was it shown, or even implied, that he ever forced himself on a woman.

Seriously, each time there is a playboy in a manga we have all these people getting crazy. But strangely when a woman do the same all of them act as if it was not an issue...

Dex-chan lover
Glen's writen as a genius and a playboy. He was never a muscle brain, we even had a entire chapter showing us how he lived...

Also WTF do you mean by "he got pretty touchy"? Satsuki attacked him and after this he grabed her arm... How the hell can someone act as if he was in the wrong or as if he had molested her?
The only thing this dude did was talk. Nothing more. Not a single time was it shown, or even implied, that he ever forced himself on a woman.

Seriously, each time there is a playboy in a manga we have all these people getting crazy. But strangely when a woman do the same all of them act as if it was not an issue...
I meant the touchy more in the private space part, should've specified it more.

He is a muscle brain in the sense of priorities, not once did he try to challenge his brains against other geniuses or in institutions of high calibre.

All that was shown, showed him indulging in physical activities.(besides reading a book)

So he is book smart and genius, but it's never shown that he tries to challenge himself in that field ever.

All his favoritism goes towards the physical. Maybe you could say that he goes towards difficult situations where you need your brain, but that's it really.

Really no reason to get butthurt over your playboy fantasies, my biggest gripe with him is how he SAYs "I don't force anybody" and yet we've not seen him back off again besides once when Eileen didn't show interest.
We SEE him only backing off after being satisfied, seeing mother worm defeated and seeing Wills defeated face.

And the weirdness of him being shown as a bored genius, yet we don't really see any challenges being craved, especially in the field of using his wits against other geniuses.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
It's like you looked at his backstory and just ignored everything about it. But sure people who don't immediately hate him now that we have more info on him are "white knight defenders"

Glenn is gifted. And because of that everything became boring to him. Conjunction that with the fact he's a noble and has certain expectations on him and his higher upbringing. It's no wonder he ended up the way he is. No one was able to challenge him growing up and because of that started to see people as objects to be useful to him. The people around him never challenged him because he was gifted but they still taught him to be a decent noble.

Despite all of that no one judges his ability of performance harsher than himself. Literally after losing the subjugation bet he didn't whine or bitch he accepted his loss and understood he needs to get stronger and blames himself. Saying he has no ability of self reflection is blatantly ignoring that scene. This chapter he literally thought how his life might've been different if he interacted with Will and Eileen when they were kids but immediately understood there's no point dwelling in ifs. He doesn't blame his failures on no one but himself.

I can understand people having issues with him being so abrasive when he was introduced but that's just how he operated because of his upbringing and getting context on why someone acts the way they do can give further insight on understanding their character.

Or you can just hate him because playboy noble 🤷
Yes you're right, all his self reflection always happens to be about his abilities.

In the end the author gives us a nice image of "oh if only all the geniuses were all together as childhood friends". We need a kindergarten for the gifted. ;)

Other than that your post has almost nothing to do with mine, besides being butthurt about the white knight bait.

The rest I already wrote above in another reply.

Dex-chan lover
Yes you're right, all his self reflection always happens to be about his abilities.

In the end the author gives us a nice image of "oh if only all the geniuses were all together as childhood friends". We need a kindergarten for the gifted. ;)

Other than that your post has almost nothing to do with mine, besides being butthurt about the white knight bait.

The rest I already wrote above in another reply.
Imagine getting called out on your bs point on self reflection and then moving the goal post when that is called out especially when your original point is that he never self reflects. Never specified what he doesn't self reflect on

I find it hilarious how you're getting pushback on your crappy analysis and trying to spin it on people responding being butthurt. Says a lot when getting called out leads to defensive taunts.

And the author showed as I said in my post that he thought his life might've been different if he interacted with them but doesn't bother with ifs. If you paid attention to what was shown you'd understand that.

Also my post has a lot to do with yours because it basically explains why he is the way he is. And how most of your hang ups are literally explained in the story and just basic reading comprehension explains it. One of your complaints about him being a "muscle brain" is easily explained as him having pride in his strength and power. It's literally that simple and Will pointed out his flaw to him when clapping back at him with his bet. It's like you didn't read any of the text presented. And he's aware of this flaw if his response to Will is anything to go by.

Dex-chan lover
In the end the author gives us a nice image of "oh if only all the geniuses were all together as childhood friends"
The fact that he know MC who's father is a realy big shot and the princess is logical. He was a noble, the fact that he knew the two of them is actualy something that should be obvious as all noble know each other.
And they are not childhood friend, they know saw each other when kid, nothing more.

You realy want to be right, even when people told you that you are only making things up you didn't even bother to look back at the manga.

Dex-chan lover
You act like a guy that knows women and how to get them would be less knowledgeable and reasonable about women then a guy that knows next to nothing about them? You can't be this dumb dude.

Sure he's a playboy but he's just very pragmatic in his love. Guys like that are straight to the point and don't bullshit the girl they're after. Which has it's pros and cons. Sounds to me you have issues with his language more than anything. Which is like alright you can have that hangup but his actions scream very pragmatic lover which honestly I have no issue with. The women he gets together with have no issue with it and he doesn't force himself on them he's just straight to the point.
I didn't say he was less knowledgeable about women. Whatever he's doing that's getting him girls, it works at times, and he has money, talent, and status to give him an edge. I won't deny that he's been playing this game long enough to get some understanding of how women work. Yes, I do have a problem with his language, and it's because of that and how he uses the experience from this game that I don't like how he tries to pick up women in an aggressive and confusingly demeaning manner. That's my take on the matter.

Dex-chan lover
What a loaded chapter!
Those faces on the mushrooms are keeping me from concentrating on the discussion.
BbMgPIs.png

I'm surprised Will was somewhat aware of romance. I initially thought he's totally dense. And once he came to a realization due to Glenn the Unsung Wingman :chad: , everyone was all so smug especially once Eileen and her army came on the offensive with that gown.
1wE37Dj.png

And of course, who could've missed that:

Is It Odd That I Became an Adventurer Even If I Graduated From the Witchcraft Institute?

Dex-chan lover
I'm still thinking of how this work fails reverse Bechdel test. The only time two male characters talk, it's about women.
(well, I guess the interactions of D-rank party that retired early can count for that)

Dex-chan lover
Haha they said the tittle.

Also Glenn is still a moron but at least he served the purpose of making Will more aware about his feelings.

Ooh, I think I like the Light Novel art style more .The manga art style is fun, but I think it seems to lend more into making sure action is drawn more than moments like these.
Agree. The Light Novel art emphasizes how pretty the girls are said to be, while the Manga art highlights how playful and how strong Will and the girls are in battle.

Users who are viewing this thread