Majutsu Gakuin wo Shuseki de Sotsugyoushita Ore ga Boukensha wo Hajimeru no wa sonna ni okashii darouka

Flow of the story and the friggin art (REACTION FACES GALORE) are perfect so far. Can't wait to see more.

Even if this manga has a classic harem and OP-ish MC, it's pretty chill about it. It's just a fun read of a group of adventurers going on quests. Reminds me a lot of goblin slayer which does something similar.

I've been reading the raw novel on ncode and it seems more of a harem story. I'd say for once the editors/publishers have made a good decision to edit out the harem drama since it really upped the quality of this manga.

Based on what I've seen (8 raw manga chapters) there is no harem aspect yet so that's a fairly good sign to me.

Group Leader
Agreed. I skimmed through the wn and ln a bit and was surprised how much more it seemed like a generic harem. The manga is doing it right.

Dex-chan lover
No harem aspect ? Have we read the same chapters ? :D
The girls blush and start fawning at every single remark of the mc. :D

Dex-chan lover
really digging the art style and of course catgirl <3

Aggregator gang
It's simple, rather relaxed and leaning on fourth wall-ish

Gives that vibe of a lazy afternoon in the sun

(Those reaction faces remind me of gintama haha)

Oh, huh. That awkward moment where you recognize the author from his smut rather from his official actually published stuff, haha. Mostly heroine pinch and parody style stuff, for those curious. I really should get around to reading his normal stuff since I like his simple and clean writing style. I have his normal mypage on narou bookmarked and everything, but my backlog... One of these days.

Double-page supporter
Pssst
For you who want to read the raws...
https://lhscan.net/manga-majutsu-gakuin-o-shuseki-de-sotsugyou-shita-ore-boukensha-o-hajimeru-no-wa-sonna-ni-okashii-raw.html

@Doenyon
Can you point out where the girls are blushing/fawning on the MC? Because I haven't noticed that. Also if you read the WN and compare it tot the manga it is very obvious the romantic and harem aspects have been either removed or severely dumbed down. This may change as things go into the second LN but as things stand, the romantic aspect is mostly noexistant.

@Kamikoto
You have the LN?

Dex-chan lover
@yueer I haven't read the wn or ln at all, but for examples of getting very embarassed from just a simple sentence from the mc, chap 2, page 30 readily comes to mind.
Granted it ain't the worst I've ever seen, far from it. But if it's already that kind of reactions by chapter 3, well, there's little chance it's gonna stay fully non-romance.
Then again, it's japanese, nothing will ever happen. :D

Group Leader
@YueEr Nah, you can read on bookwalker for free for like 10 minutes. I was only trying to find out more about the whole aura thing, but then noticed that a lot of images were of girls blushing and that the manga changed a lot of stuff.

I feel like cyrille and the goddess at the manga with TUUEEE title
are so similar especially on reactions.

Double-page supporter
So the cat's hands appear to be human style hands with some sort of fur paw tied over them like gauntlets, but she's also a cat, so does that mean she skinned some other beast person and tied their arms to her arms or something?

Contributor
@redpandamaniacal:

I was wondering that myself but I like the idea that beastpeople just get four hands instead.

It's fantasy anatomy, after all, it doesn't have to follow our normal established vertebrate skeletal structure patterns.

Users who are viewing this thread