Make it so uploaders can only upload by picking one native language and one fluent language to translate to. [rejected]

There are so many machine translating baboons that upload to this site. I see one uploader translating, Chinese, Japanese, and Korean series all while having errors in English. If you can make it so before a person uploads to the site they have to checkbox what they are native in and what they are fluent in to translate to, and can only pick one, that would be great. Also if possible make it so it IP bans them from the site if ever two different accounts that have uploads with the same IP login, or if said accounts connects through a VPN/proxy. Have some standards people. The amount of terribly translated series that get praised is mindboggling.

Upvote 0
VIP
There are so many machine translating baboons that upload to this site. I see one uploader translating, Chinese, Japanese, and Korean series all while having errors in English. If you can make it so before a person uploads to the site they have to checkbox what they are native in and what they are fluent in to translate to, and can only pick one, that would be great. Also if possible make it so it IP bans them from the site if ever two different accounts that have uploads with the same IP login, or if said accounts connects through a VPN/proxy. Have some standards people. The amount of terribly translated series that get praised is mindboggling.

Petition to ban OP for being retarded?

Last edited:
VIP
OP, block feature made for reason.

Group Leader
Ignoring the whole ordeal with MTL, allowing only one native and one fluent language would be a very bad idea. People can have more than one native language, and being fluent in multiple languages is not uncommon.

Double-page supporter
blah-blah-blah
Do you honestly believe your English is A+?

Ignoring the whole ordeal with MTL, allowing only one native and one fluent language would be a very bad idea. People can have more than one native language, and being fluent in multiple languages is not uncommon.
You don't even have to be fluent in multiple languages. Just imagine group with many translators that fluent in their own language. How's this group supposed to upload their work?

You want them to do so much effort when you can just ignore scanlations you don't like.
They ruin the hobby. It has gotten increasingly bad in the past few years. At least 75% of the stuff I pick up ends being MTL'd. Massive huge series too.
You can easily tell. And no 99% of these apes are not fluent in multiple languages.
OP, block feature made for reason.
Like I said above this doesn't stop them from infesting the hobby like a pernicious plague. More and more people see this and decide they too can "contribute" and be a "translator" for e-peen points. 99% of readers are baboons and eat it up. They thank the "translator" because it is "good enough". The salt in the wounds is that these "translators" have the audacity to ask for donations too. The whole thing is a feels-good grift.
You don't even have to be fluent in multiple languages. Just imagine group with many translators that fluent in their own language. How's this group supposed to upload their work?
Actual tl groups are fine, I'm talking about solo translators, or groups that MTL.

I have said my peace. Make do with this as you will.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Disallowing MTL isn't gonna make more good translations magically appear, we're just gonna have less translations.
I'd suggest maybe we can have tags for scanlation groups (so that you can filter them out) but idk what tags we could have other than MTL.

Disallowing MTL isn't gonna make more good translations magically appear, we're just gonna have less translations.
I'd suggest maybe we can have tags for scanlation groups (so that you can filter them out) but idk what tags we could have other than MTL.
I would 100% be fine with this. I'm saying it will magically make good translation appear, I'm saying it stops bad translations.

Double-page supporter
They ruin the hobby. It has gotten increasingly bad in the past few years. At least 75% of the stuff I pick up ends being MTL'd. Massive huge series too.
Have any groups actually complained about this for you to say it "ruin the hobby"? Also your statistic is greatly exaggerated. MTLs are mostly used to give attention to mangas that isn't popular enough to have a dedicated group translating it. Mangas that are completely MTL'd are rare.

Have any groups actually complained about this for you to say it "ruin the hobby"? Also your statistic is greatly exaggerated. MTLs are mostly used to give attention to mangas that isn't popular enough to have a dedicated group translating it. Mangas that are completely MTL'd are rare.
No they are not rare. Just cause you don't have skill or language understanding to spot them doesn't make them rare.

Double-page supporter
No they are not rare. Just cause you don't have skill or language understanding to spot them doesn't make them rare.
That's it? You replied but didn't answer the first question and you denied the validity of my claim by attacking me personally. You also won't acknowledge that mtls are the reasons some mangas got attention from translators who pass your standard.

Why are you so mad that some people "don't have the skill and language understanding" that we understand poor english? Do you even realize that even you made grammatical errors in your replies?

Users who are viewing this thread