Make the Exorcist Fall in Love - Ch. 55 - The End of Adolescence

Dex-chan lover
I was actually sad for this guy, and that's even before Asmodeus had to show her face so she could gloat to the reader.

I don't think he considers to masturbate only after remembering his teacher's words (page 9)-- I think he's using that suggestion as a way to diffuse moral responsibility for what he's going to do.

Ah, a good old End of Evangelion reference, kek.
Poor kid though. In the end, he lost to his own dick.
"Can't beat the cock."

Contributor
I hope for Belphegor or Lucifer reveal next chapter. (My bet is on Belphegor (Sloth))

Last time any new Deadly Sin was revealed was in Chapter 21. Now we are at 55. And I love character designs in this series.

I have NEVER seen my own character as a person reflected so clearly through the actions of one in media before. I can basically write Priest's entire mental character arc / internal struggles from this point onward verbatim. The first time, PNC hits like a freight train, and the memories of yourself spouting off your dedication and resolve to virtue bubbles like acid in the already gaping wound. You'll wish you'd never done it, wished against all reason that you somehow could've known beforehand the dejection that you'd feel, all to no avail. At some point your emotions will be drawn out to their logical conclusion and you'd come to terms with the fact you couldn't have known. And then you'll wish that's where it ended. You'll wish that you could just wholeheartedly accept Dante's words, to just believe them, but regret and shame hang over you like a storm cloud. And it's not even like you can eliminate the feelings that pushed you this point. It's not like you can turn off the part of your brain that feels sexual attraction, and once you've proved that you are capable of something, there is no going back. With fuel and oxygen in such high abundance, it takes only the most minute of sparks to burn down everything.
I'm going to go there and compare this to Berserk; if Berserk is an illustration of what it's like to be a man with issues, this manga illustrates what it's like to be a teenage boy with issues.

Dex-chan lover
Bro is too horny for his own good ;-;

But I'll be honest, he really didn't need to be that serious about everything like his mentor said in the first chapters.

Dex-chan lover
this is both fucking hysterical and the most reflective portrayal of my confusion at age 13

Dex-chan lover
d2ef35002b1819e0decda50f023cb49579c227d88bfcd991bacf179ea4546cb3_1.jpg

Dex-chan lover
When was he confused with his sexuality lmao
Idk the whole thing with him being beaten into a ""pure"" being by the one priest and abused into thinking that sexual thoughts and actions were inherently corrupt--enough for him to gouge his eye out for witnessing and experiencing it. The whole thing about him trying to repress his sexuality so much that he tries to suppress it with the bible and vomits after jerking off. Could just be reading into things though idk.

Users who are viewing this thread