Maken Tsukai no Moto Shounen Hei wa, Moto Teki Kanbu no Onee-san to Issho ni Ikitai - Vol. 5 Ch. 29

Dex-chan lover
So this manga is just promotion for the light novels?! I hate when they do that!
Hmm, i wouldn't exactly call it a promo for the LN, given that the 1 volume it got was published in 2019, but doing a quick check to the LN ToC and WN, manga going through Chapter 3 out of 4, so it likely just adapted all of what was available as a LN

Even though the WN had more content past that, is unlikely author ever gonna finish, so manga is probably the best outcome

Dex-chan lover
Page 12: Should that be "Because you always got your way, you thought you were just", not "Because you never got your way"? Someone would think their way was justice if everything always went well + agreed with them.

Dex-chan lover
and there goes the last vestiges of sanity he had along with any possibility of recovery. Storywise, he's evolved into a force of nature type villain, no longer capable of even understanding what he's done wrong and will simply bulldoze through like a wild animal or natural disaster. He can no longer be redeemed; he can only be stopped.

Dex-chan lover
He's talking to dead corpses.

So this manga is just promotion for the light novels?! I hate when they do that!
Not necessarily, depends on where they end it at.
Usually promo manga won't go on this long so most likely the author figured it was a good place to stop at, very few novels actually get their full story adapted, usually because alot of them have afterstories that can outlast even the original story (looking at you arifureta).

Group Leader
Page 12: Should that be "Because you always got your way, you thought you were just", not "Because you never got your way"? Someone would think their way was justice if everything always went well + agreed with them.
There's no mistake in the translation. The cleric is telling the Hero that because nothing he did went right, he decided to convince himself that he was in the right regardless. It's not arrogance, it's escapism.

Dex-chan lover
There's no mistake in the translation. The cleric is telling the Hero that because nothing he did went right, he decided to convince himself that he was in the right regardless. It's not arrogance, it's escapism.
Fair enough.

Dex-chan lover
A sudden change in genre to thriller with a serial killer.
I was expecting oneeshota flirting when I clicked on the chapter….

Dex-chan lover
I'm genuinely kinda impressed. Often in these kinds of stories, the hero is just some throwaway scumbag who gets forgotten. But the author here, he wanted to really develop this character's scumbaginess. He wanted to make it abundantly clear, with no shadow of a doubt, that this guy is just genuine human garbage. And for that reason, we have followed his descent into madness and murder. In a single stroke, he murdered a girl in a fit of paranoia, deleted the manifestation of his own conscience, and then excused himself through narcissism. I have to commend the effort that the author put in to making this one guy so intensely dislikeable.

Dex-chan lover
The "hero" just went full Patrick Bateman.
Gotta say this is one of the best depictions of a hero hitting rock-bottom, usually is due to jealousy or envy (looking at you Hero of Darkness)

Users who are viewing this thread