Makenshi no Maken Niyoru Maken no Tame no Harem Life - Vol. 2 Ch. 9 - The Tower and The Monsters

Dex-chan lover
I hate every single rpg isekai where people go afk in an encounter literally just talking for episodes long. Same goes for enemies they are partialy go afk aswell. Unless they speak faster than they fight as if we see a fraction of a second which is stupid tbh japan needs another nuke soon

Dex-chan lover
Definitely, Hotaru-san is on my Top 5 of waifu harem list. She definitely raise my tower along just the sight of her, without reading a chapter. Just a picture of her definitely stands the tower on its own...

Dex-chan lover
Pardon my rudeness but, is the translation right?

I mean, in fantasy scenarios demi-humans and monsters are completely different beings.

VIP
What a dumb way to think
Also "demi-human" should be reserved for humans with animal characteristics, not a fucking monster wolf

I don't think "demi-human" is the right term here. I get the feeling that you're trying to see "less than human" rather than "pseudo-human." If that is the case, you can use sub-human, or if the character is the prejudicial sort, "Untermensch," which is the same term in Nazi speak and generally well known around the English speaking world.

Dex-chan lover
I don't get it... so he has awakened his racist-power since he sophisticated wolves into demi-humans category despite loving dogs? 😂

Did Hilter get isekai'd? 🤣

I will say, maybe the translation of “demihuman” isn’t the best... it ‘usually’ brings to mind Elves or Beastmen or Dwarves and whatnot. So it can definitely come off as a little... racist. Plus it’s clearly a ‘mindless’ beast with no intelligence, only instincts. So maybe call it an animal first (instead of monster), and then change demihuman to monster

We racist now?
images

i agree with everyone being confused about the nazi shit the translator is putting in for some reason. Yeah the MC is supposed to be some edgy psycho that gets literally triggered by certain words. Still, I don't understand the translation choice here, makes no sense narratively, and even paints the MC in an odd racist way when the raws just mention the very vague word of “villain” (悪人) which obviously makes more sense, since his whole thing is killing whoever he considers to be an evildoer while appearing to be a normal teen on the outside.
3eTswm3.png

with my basic japanese I'd say a literal translation of the bubble on the left would be: “if the monster were a human, it would undoubtedly be a villain isn't that right?”

edit2:
DCVjNlR.png

@KaiOuSeiJin I see the kanji for evil, 悪 あく here, so uh, I guess this proves you're not just using google translate, unless you're using an OCR software. I get it tho. As a beginner at japanese, kanji is such a nightmare that just makes me depressed. I thought you guys were intentionally twisting the translation here for some reason

@jdexo1 Welp, let's begin with the fact that I'm not using neither GTranslate or OCR, that's beta AF, I did it in a rush and mistakes were made.
I truly apologize for that

His logic is well, absolute nonsense. You couldnt hit a dog, I get it. They usually dont try to eat you and your companions. What constitutes evil or villain for this dumbass? And, more on that, a human doesnt have set movements because we have the intelligence to train not to. But an animal is confined by their own bodies and have a lack of that training and intelligence so their movements are very easy to read. Being able to take down a bunch of men in the earlier chap but not being able to even hit a much larger opponent? Who'd believe that shit? It seems like this project was rewritten after a cpl chaps to fit the market and so instead of the cool, level-headed, Idgaf about killing baddies guy and; someone who has been training with swords for god knows how long(he was training when he got stabbed in the back) we got the new typical pansy-ass "everyman" replacement that can't do shit by himself, but fuck. Seriously, wtf is going on in the writers/editors head here? Think noone would notice this massive change? Asshats.

Double-page supporter
Why doesn't he wear some chainmail if he wants extra weight without sacrificing mobility?

@Z0mbieJr This is a manga, not a manhua.
Also, animals that attack or kill out of pure instinct are much less morally reprehensible than humans who choose to do it out of greed or lust.

Users who are viewing this thread