Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Moto Kanodatta - Vol. 2 Ch. 11.2

Dex-chan lover
please don't be cunt pretending you have a moral high-ground when you also did the same.

@kantorukantoru - no he didnt he just did the same as yume (literally in the chapter)
@zoldyck123 -
no this is just a set up for the rule (result 1 favor each) for the next chapters
-they had a sibling date to the aquarium. yume's past regret on the date hit me hard
-its still ongoing, the vol. 6 just released on feb 1 and quality fan translation from https://hellping.org/ just finished volume 3
@Amarillo - i think the progress is learning through past mistakes and regrets and the characterization plus development is amazing (for me)
same for kawanami(coma incident), akatsuki (yandere incident), and higashira(present dev)
romance wise the progrssion is really slow
@ArcTicKronos - if u count higashira and akatsuki
reasons why they arent really rivals:
higashira - a scene in volume 2 chap 7
confession then gets rejected
(amazing scene btw really love how it was portrayed)
akatsuki - she just wants to marry mizuto to be sisters with yume and
she and kawanami were former lovers and chilhood friends and volume 3 focused on them (well havent read volume 3 yet)

~~im starting volume 3 currently after i finish otonari no tenshi-sama WN

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.
~i edited the spoilers some info is important which arent really spoilers and just generalized i corrected lol dont need to hide everything, ill be carefull next time gomen~

Dex-chan lover
@mizukaame :
volume 5 made me totally love Higashira. She’s very beautiful there. But yes, her development seems to be around question about the meaning and need of becoming lovers.

“What is the meaning of becoming girlfriend ? Is it something petty as privilege to deny everyone else from having fun with someone ?”

Although I’m worried about review that implies the previous development kind of set aside in volume 6 to finally give another big one for Yume after volume 4’s climax.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly... if u ignore for a sec they accidentally became family, how sniffing each other underwear is not enough to show what they really feel for the other? Of course this will get brushed it off like nothing happened.
Tbh, i might wait this to finish before i catch up. I dont usually have the patience to wait the next release when u know is mutual but will be the push and pull sketch til the very end.

@rluka i wish i can read japanese too 😥volume 6 cover and illustrations look good and i guess it will be 5 people perspective for a school fest plus new characters setokai
the rejection scene in vol 2 made me think this series is amazing, mizuto with (i think) the best rejection response i have ever seen that makes me think he is the best romcom mc (isnt dense, balanced selfishness and selflessness, reasonable decisions, sometimes he's cute or cool), higashira's development from it is pretty amazing (for 1 chap) and forms her character very well which made me dont hate her as the love riva l(dont think it really counts) plus making it in yume's perspective with her thoughts hit me like a truck and was in awe how her feelings were portrayed
from what i heard from people volume 4 is a masterpiece which really makes me want to read it now
its sad that manga readers think this is just a boring cliche romcom incest manga with odd storyline and perverted step sibling scenes when there really isnt much of it and it focuses more on internal drama and character development through interaction of characters and odd situations. plus the manga cuts out most info that makes them unique characters and imo the 3 girls can be best girl lol (akatsuki best girl for me hehe)
ship kawanami and akatsuki!!!

@PsychoTheRabbit lol just read the light novel
-mizuto isnt inlove with current yume but old yume
-for yume she fell inlove with mizuto again in volume 4
(lol u cant just remove habits easily)
-they are happy with the current sibling situation since if u understand the past recollections properly the breakup traumatized their thinking of a relationship and are afraid to make the same mistake and drift apart from each other again since:
for mizuto: she is the only one (other than his father) that he truly cared about
for yume: he is the only one who could understand her when she's really ruined inside

Dex-chan lover
@mizukaame : Indeed. Talking about manga and anime failing to describe internal thoughts is almost a cliché line nowadays.
But it's also unfortunate that the expectation is different.
When I'm talking and tried introducing manga to my colleague, and then mentioned it's adaptation from novel, he'd comment like "Ah, so that's why the story is so slow and boring"
even for some isekai title adapted from novel.

|||orz

The fact they take it more carefully is like showing how they have grown into adult (in the unpleasant way).
Rather than just go with feeling, they now have more things in their mind to consider and can't just afford moving recklessly.

Volume 4...
I'm not good with analysing literatures, but it brings a parable to Maihime (which in another novel, a character quickly label the protagonist as "high school girl's number one most hated male protagonist in Japanese literature class", and it explore about how Mizuto became like he is. Also, it gives the push for Yume to finally admit it to herself, she wants Mizuto as lover, not as brother.

Volume 4 shows another painful moment for Yume, when she looked back at the time when she went to another summer festival alone.
Compare to the flashback in volume 1, when Mizuto found her when she was lost in festival (and it's actually the moment he really falls in love to her).

btw, should we move to the series comment section instead ? ^^;

Dex-chan lover
@mizukaame Manga and LN are 2 completely different medias. The story might be better and advanced in the LN and im aware is an adaptation of it, but right now im only interested in the manga format.
Either way, tks for the suggestion. But if i were to read the novel of every adaptation i wouldnt care to read the manga afterwards.

@psychotherabbit i see, i just read the manga for the visual help and curious how it is adapted so ye

@rluka I dont really want this to get adapted into an anime since its mostly dialouge and inner thoughts and expressions which is pretty hard to adapt then it adds very important detailed flash backs one by one that are connected plus it uses many perspectives which even complicates to adapt it (ex:index s3)~yume is more of the main character rather than mizuto tbh(my opinion)~ and the anime fandom will just label it as domekano v2 or step-bro im stuck the anime and misunderstand the whole series because of the title. it be better that no one really knows it other than being pictured wrongly and being descriminated.

their growth is what made me love this and their realistic reactions and approch is on point is really good that i consider this a sol drama with romcom elements in it rather than the other way around

if i remember correctly in the volume 2
yume fell inlove with mizuto not because of the their hand suddenly touching in the cliche library scene but the line mizuto said in that scene "so that's why you like maths" in which it was built up from other past recollections before that scene like the school trip (middle school) and the exam (mid term) which built up in yume that mizuto understands her insecurities
for volume 1
that date(middle school) made me think that this is where he really fell inlove with her(it was vague tho) and wanted to protect her for his entire life and then he recreated the soda can scene i was like this mc is goddamn awesome

if u want to continue this convo mention me there i'd be happy to continue this convo but other people will be spoiled lol

Users who are viewing this thread