Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Moto Kanodatta

@ Knighto
friend becomes a yandere towards the brother, and even more spoiler, she was being yandere to the guy friend (the one who she is friends with since middle school)

everyone here just read the light novel. the translator just finished volume 3 and will start volume 4 at april plus the light novel is so so so so so much better than the manga that skips so many info and inner dialouge.
translators site is hellping.org and the series he nicknamed domekano(lol) and its his main series that hes translating. i get the epub version from jnovels.com which is a site that converts translations into pdf and epub files.

Double-page supporter
As a parent it must be so weird to have your step son become your son-in-law as well, and same thing with daughter. Idk, I feel like that would be a really weird family.

Dex-chan lover
"You're amazing" "Cute" "Maybe" "Hello" "Sorry" "Thank you"
LN volume 6 subtitle: six things I couldn't say back then

Ah... this will be a great episode.

Dex-chan lover
@mizukaame : still chapter 2 out of 6. Hope to finish it by Wednesday or Thursday.

Seems like the story will focus on
Mizuto’s regret of failing to fix their relationship before it breaks. He really hates how he was when he got so jealous and felt being left behind by Yume back then, even when she tried inviting him to a date to make up again when they still have the chance.

The subtitle probably refers to all the simple words he could have honestly said to her as her boyfriend, yet he couldn’t.
Assuming this time it would be Mizuto who will have to face his past.

Dex-chan lover
Done with volume 6.
Yes, it's great.
Isana probably took supporting role this time.
The main is Mizuto's internal conflict about his failure. When he and Yume are still dating, he is always acting passively. It's always Yume who made the initiative. She confessed to him, she starts their first kiss. Even as cracks form in their relationship, she's trying her best to mend their relationship, yet he is unable to return her feeling.

It also brings up again the problem about Yume having friends. That makes Mizuto realize they're different kind of human. Yume wants friend, she just doesn't have the ability to talk with people back then, something she made effort to change herself. Yume finally realized, she thought Mizuto is lonely so she wants to help him make friends, not realizing that is not what he wants.
Mizuto and Isana in the other hand are introverts, they feel tired if they are forced to socialize with many people. They don't think it's wrong though. They don't need to level up into a character with many friends. Or in Mizuto's case, he never have the desire to even change himself, and even think that's "destroying yourself to become something not yourself". Frankly... I can't help but think it's like Kamishiro putting an answer to rom-com themes like Tomozaki.
Yume is surprised to see Mizuto can talk casually with people, and even put up a smile, until she realized he is just doing that as "job", in order to keep things running smoothly. He doesn't genuinely act nice to people other than a few, like Yume (whom their sarcastic banters has become a comfort zone) and Isana.

The two new characters are interesting. I'm curious because Mizuto said Suzuri (the next student council president, genius girl who is like personification of confidence) is the same as himself and Isana. The two are still making an entry, but likely to be important too, because Yume has been invited to join the student council, and she said it's a fateful moment for her.

Power Uploader
I feel like this is not a particular good adaptation, and I don't even read the source. Story flow feels awkward.

@youdontknowwho ye it feels very butchered up, even the starting scene they didnt adapt made it hard to introduce the concept and characters which left some people confused.

@rluka i finished volume 3 and i think its nice seeing side characters getting the spotlight and getting to know their background stories to understand why they act like theirselves
- seeing why kawanami is just a ROM(read only member) character despite being a frivolous character and is great at reading other peoples thoughts makes me feel like he isnt just their for the convinience of progressing the storyline but as a character that can stand on his own. when he was reflecting to the time when he yelled at akatsuki in the hospital makes his character really more unique in the sense that he is a growing character too who has his own hardships and regrets. him enduring his allergy to convey his real feelings to akatsuki and making it seem he really regret shouting and not understanding her in the past at the scene on the lake made me respect and support him in his desicion to make up with akatsuki and hoping he gets more development as a character later on.
- for akatsuki well we get to fully know now why she is very clingy to people and why she always avoid kawanami her ex bf(only them and mizuto knows about) and childhood friend that she is in bad terms with isnt because they are ex'es but because she felt really bad about doing horrible things to him and didn't want to do anything to him again and it just develope her resistance to being overly clingy from her feeling of loneliness. we also get to understand how she became as she is currently and get to really know her character as a lonely person who masks her feelings inside instead of just being the over energetic friend cliche character. when it was on her perspective i got to know why she does things she do and made her past actions really understandable to why she did it plus her desicion making was on point to her characteristics which made me wanting to know her better plus solidifies her as my best girl for the series and wanting to get more of her perspective in next volumes
- the conclusion to that story when they stated their real feelings and being sorry for what they done and blaming themselves is so relatable that i can understand both of their perspective. i am excited to see how this side ship progress again as childhood friends who learned their mistakes in the past and now trying to rebuild their old relationship as childhood friends and continue their promise to being together until the end. personally if this was a sepparate series i think it would be good also tbh where kawanami and akatsuki is the main and irido siblings are the side.
- another point is that it was great to see the irido siblings as side characters and do progress some things while not being the spotlight and how they are factors for the buildup of the conclusion to the side ship's story arc was nice plus some foreshadowing of plot for the next volume like the chapter 1 when they slept together and he was feeling nostalgic as he look at yume's sleeping face with thoughts
…How long had it been since I last saw your sleeping face up close like that?

You’ve always been like this, except that your face’s so fine…I told you so many times, but you wouldn’t believe…and now you’re a superhuman with brains and looks…ah goodness…

I reached my fingers out to pry her bangs aside, all to see that face clearly.

…You’re fine with me having a good look, right? Ayai…
that line just made me feel mizuto's regret fully and it hints he still is inlove with ayai yume
- im surprissed that the old relationship isnt even revealed to anyone yet after 3 volumes and most likely wouldnt in the next few volumes because of mizuto using a misunderstanding of higashira being the ex as a cover up. its nice seeing him having darks side into him and i think i will punch him for this one. while hiagashira is happy about this i just think is a dck move to do. but he isnt really making it to be like that he rejects it if its questioned to him but doesnt really try to correct the misunderstanding.
- higashira gets more characterization after getting rejected from the last volume and get to know more of her thoughts
i wish more romance stories also try to develop the side characters and give them background to make the story more understandable of their actions.

Dex-chan lover
You're reading with more insights than I do :D
(thanks though, it really helps to understand the more subtle parts)
They don't really use the misunderstanding as cover up. When asked, Mizuto would straight say he and Isana are not dating, and would even throw Yume as witness to back the claim.
But they won't go all out to correct everyone, and they don't care.

Mizuto really care about Isana (he calls her the person who understand him the most, but at the same time his biggest trial because she wouldn't hesitate to stab at the feeling he tried to deny).
The latest biggest event is when they made statement in class that everyone mistook as love confession, and he accepted it. He would came for her, knowing she doesn't have friend or place to belong, and prioritize her over anyone else. Rather, they no longer care about trying to hide being really close to each other.

Dex-chan lover
Was this dropped? How many raw chapters are there? I hear the manga ends around episode 5 of the anime so I'm wondering why there aren't more chapters. Especially because it has an anime release.

Users who are viewing this thread