Manga de Wakaru! Magic Story - Vol. 1 Ch. 6 - War of the Spark

Fed-Kun's army
Feh, all you have to do to beat Nicol Bolas is cast armageddon. At least, before he can hit you.

Double-page supporter
For a serious multi plane disaster this was honestly hilarious. Especially where Jace tells Vraska he’s going to kill his ex-girlfriend.

Dex-chan lover
Extremely fast paced, cutting out all of the fun character interactions but it sums up the important details from war of the spark. The writing itself is ass, as the romance between Jace and Vraska was written by a different author and falls short, and the random LGTB pairings seem to have more focus, despite there being no tells whatsoever, or maybe I’m just dense. The virtue signaling in Wizards of the Coast is real, as they tried to parade Teyo as the first Hispanic planeswalker (he’s not from Earth btw).

That aside, there’s lots of great dialogue between characters. Jace finally calling Gideon a friend, Teyo developing as a character with his newfound spark, Gideon asking about Mowu, Ob being a sarcastic joker... I liked it. Give the novel a read if you can. Or not since WotC is trying to sell a subpar war story where most of the people that die are unnamed NPCs.

Wait, wasn't teffers in WAR? Or was he not included in the novel story?
Edit: oh nvm, he was in the comic for like 2 panels lol

Dex-chan lover
@Lollingthunda
Teferi does indeed appear in the novel, but as far as I remember, he mostly used magic to attack Eternals or prank/distract them. His role was severely insignificant in the grand scheme of things, mostly used to turn people invisible.

Dex-chan lover
This is so bad... I feel bad for the story since the cards portrayed it in a really epic way only for the book to screw everything over.

Users who are viewing this thread