Manga recommendation

Group Leader
1/11 and Yugami kun has no friends are always my top recommendations to anyone who doesn't say a preference or criteria :)

1/11 and Yugami kun has no friends are always my top recommendations to anyone who doesn't say a preference or criteria :)
Thank you. I added them. I have read so many different ones lately and have yet to find one I did not enjoy to some extent. Except maybe Chainsaw Man. 😭😭😭 Just soul crushing.

You might enjoy Cross Game. It's from the 2000s, but Mitsuru Adachi's style has remained pretty consistent since the 1980s. His Sports/SoL manga are all very good, and a lot of them are complete. A lot there to keep you busy.

For another series with similarly grounded characters and interactions, but in an utterly different style and setting, Takemitsu Zamurai.

Since you liked(?) Bibliomania, if you want another short, crazy ride you can give Suicide Parabellum a try. Or why not try the other Chainsaw(wo)Man series? Or hell, Qualia the Purple too.
Holy hell. Qualia the Purple really hit their target demographic with me. lol Good thing I know a little about all of those terms they were throwing around. I might have to actually buy the physical copy of it. Thanks for the good recommendations. Never heard of a manga that delves into quantum physics before. 😅😅😅

Dex-chan lover
Anything really. I would prefer older titles, honestly, if they are complete and ready to read here. I have read all kinds on here including shonens, isekais, harems, and even shoujos. I don't care if it's an action packed manga or juicy love story. My main concern is being left hanging after over 100 chapters. lol Like really, I just relived the trauma of After School Nightmare after finishing Chainsaw Man.
have you traversed the world of yuri mangas?

Dex-chan lover
Not really anything that focuses on the Yuri aspect of it. There would only be two you might even consider Yuri, but both of them did not contain overly explicit scenes. If that makes any sense at all. lol
no no, don't worry, it makes perfect sense

I don't care whether or not they have any overly explicit scenes, just show me the 2 you read and then I'll give you recommendations

(you must pay a toll to be blessed by my knowledge: your reading history with yuri)

no no, don't worry, it makes perfect sense

I don't care whether or not they have any overly explicit scenes, just show me the 2 you read and then I'll give you recommendations

(you must pay a toll to have recommendations: your reading history with yuri)
lol Omg. After School Nightmare and Qualia The Purple. The first one is really considered a shoujo.

(you have paid the toll. now you shall be blessed by my knowledge (no refunds))

In The Gardens of Gehenna

Usotsuki Satsuki wa Shi ga Mieru

Shachiku OL to Akuma Shota (not actually yuri, but cute enough that you might enjoy it (unless you hate onee x shota)
Even if I have read Onee X Shota, I probably would not remember it from the name alone. 🤣🤣🤣 Thanks, I'll add all of those to my list and get to them sometime this weekend.

I have read some pretty messed up manga, ex. Yosuga No Sora, and I would not say I hate or even dislike, any of them. I always read them as far as I can until it stops being translated or something like that. I like finding crazy series so I can try to convince other people to suffer the same trauma as me. lol

Dex-chan lover
Even if I have read Onee X Shota, I probably would not remember it from the name alone. 🤣🤣🤣 Thanks, I'll add all of those to my list and get to them sometime this weekend.

I have read some pretty messed up manga, ex. Yosuga No Sora, and I would not say I hate or even dislike, any of them. I always read them as far as I can until it stops being translated or something like that. I like finding crazy series so I can try to convince other people to suffer the same trauma as me. lol
here's a bonus manga, just for you (not for resale)

Kitanai Kimi ga Ichiban Kawaii

Yugami Has No Friends took so long for me to finish for some reason. 😅😅😅 Idk if there is more dialog or what, but yeah. I really enjoyed it. Not quite the ending I was hoping for, but I guess they want to leave the rest up to imagination. Rakugo is always evolving, right? lol Thanks for the recommendation.

(you have paid the toll. now you shall be blessed by my knowledge (no refunds))

In The Gardens of Gehenna

Usotsuki Satsuki wa Shi ga Mieru

Shachiku OL to Akuma Shota (not actually yuri, but cute enough that you might enjoy it (unless you hate onee x shota)
Well first of all, I feel like I just committed a crime by reading In The Gardens of Gehenna. 😬😬😬

Second, it's not completed. So my curiosity is nagging at me. lol

Third, I am afraid of asking anyone if there is more because then they will know I want to read more of it. 😭😭😭

What have you done to me? 🤣🤣🤣

For romance I think new normal pretty good, about post apocalyptic world after covid successfully wipe more than half humanity

And for action Backwater Swordsman it's good fantasy, the sword play is drawn so detailed. Or if the action you prefer hand to hand STAR: Strike It Rich from Kengan ashura creator is also here
I just finished New Normal. Was really disappointed that they dropped it. ☹️☹️☹️ Do you, by chance, know if they dropped it permanently?

Dex-chan lover
I just finished New Normal. Was really disappointed that they dropped it. ☹️☹️☹️ Do you, by chance, know if they dropped it permanently?
I don't I were on middle reading it, haven't finish yet. I'm slow reader

Pretty surprised that no one has recommended Dorohedoro yet, it's quite the less popular version of Chainsaw man (but really good!), a lot of occurrence of gory and mystery, and maybe a grotesque world design, author did a great job at making realistic dirty environment too. Also it mixes between horror and comedy pretty well, like it lights your mood up for awhile just to have a huge plot twist stabbing behind your back. p/s: women in there are dangerously hot

Dex-chan lover
well, it is officially translated now, so you need to either buy it or find other source

are we going into the "ongoing" territory now?
a new series that just bought 2 days ago and I really really really enjoy it is Magus of the Library
(again, unfortunately(?), it is licensed, so you need to either buy it or find other source)
but if you like reading books, then you might find this fantasy story about reading books quite interesting

Dex-chan lover
Well first of all, I feel like I just committed a crime by reading In The Gardens of Gehenna. 😬😬😬

Second, it's not completed. So my curiosity is nagging at me. lol

Third, I am afraid of asking anyone if there is more because then they will know I want to read more of it. 😭😭😭

What have you done to me? 🤣🤣🤣
like I said, no refunds

enjoy your damaged mental state, kid, cause it's gonna stick to ya like Colin sticks to Mary, and it demands your every attention

Group Leader
Yugami Has No Friends took so long for me to finish for some reason. 😅😅😅 Idk if there is more dialog or what, but yeah. I really enjoyed it. Not quite the ending I was hoping for, but I guess they want to leave the rest up to imagination. Rakugo is always evolving, right? lol Thanks for the recommendation.
It deserves an anime adaptation. There's actually a few artists who draw stories of the two being married after the ending. It's really cute stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread