Manga you hate

Dex-chan lover
Re:Monster is the only manga I hate. It's the worst thing I've ever read.

Double-page supporter
I don't "hate" any manga, but the ones that disappointed me most were Hyouryuu Net Cafe, Gyo, and MPD Psycho, which I read because it was apparently one of the AnimeMan's favorites, but just like his other favorite, Slam Dunk, I just couldn't bring myself to enjoy it.

Sayonara Piano Sonata
mindless dribble;; all it was
i cant even call it edgy, it was more like - melodramatic and just bleh... idk, i cant say really why i hated it so much

Shounen Y
another fucking shitty death game fuck off fuck off fuck off

Dead Tube
no idea why i read this-- the title itself is already a fucking 0/10 and the premise and annoying characters do not add to that score
i think the characters were made to be unlikable but whose fucking idea was that;; a shit idea.

i still read these manga though so a part of me probably enjoyed it somewhat

@Killjoynik i feel the same way with Slam Dunk, i don't really understand why he liked it so much,, i fairly enjoyed it but not to the praise he was giving it. i feel like im missing something

Double-page supporter
@Plonz What it tried to do it did well. Still, most of the attributes that I look for in manga just weren't there, and other than doing basketball justice it didn't do anything special for me. Wasn't Slam Dunk one of the few manga you'd be lucky enough to find in a school or library back in the early 2000's? That might be one reason for it's popularity among manga readers today.

Dex-chan lover
@plonz
Dead Tube
Thanks for reminding me about the worst manga writer I know. Dead Tube is even fairly decent, as far as the guy's track record goes; sure, it's dumb snuff stringed along by a completely incoherent plot that makes no sense, but at least it doesn't pretend to be anything else.

Yamaguchi Mikoto can't write a good manga to save his life. It's like everything he pumps out is written by a 16 year old who is far less clever than he thinks he is: only capable of having "villainous and scheming = cool" protagonists, everyone is either an unredeemable scumbag of some sort or a lamb sent to the inevitable slaughter, and can only move the plot along with absurd "shock value" twists that make no sense. You can't even enjoy his manga the same way as something like Murcielago, because everything the man writes, Dead Tube excluded, takes itself way too seriously.

The man has yet to write a satisfying ending, since all those hollow twists aren't actually building up to anything. Also, responsible for this steaming pile of shit. God, I hate this bastard.

@PantsMan

everything he pumps out is written by a 16 year old who is far less clever than he thinks he is

a very apt way to put it; exactly what i feel about him -- so bad that its not fun to read

can you recommend a bad yet fun manga? i don't feel i have come across a manga that is fun while being horrendous - they all take themselves too seriously

Cage of Eden. I have a special hatred for this manga because of the plot twist and ending. Everything about it was bullshit that was insulting on a personal level.

Setting the plot twist aside, having nothing happen between the MC and his childhood friend in the 2 year timeskip MAKES ZERO SENSE FROM JUST ABOUT EVERY POINT OF VIEW. WHY INTRODUCE A ROMANTIC SUBPLOT IF IT'S NOT GOING TO GO ANYWHERE!?!?? It was the cherry on top of the absolute garbage last several chapters.

@PantsMan
The man has yet to write a satisfying ending, since all those hollow twists aren't actually building up to anything. Also, responsible for this steaming pile of shit.

Man, Shinigami Saigo No Onegai Wo was one of my first encounters with an axed manga, and it hurt so bad. I just wanted to know the answer to the mystery. Maybe we'll get one with the reboot that's out now.

xts

Talentless Nana, the amount of plot armor in 12 chapters can beat the living hell out of any collective plot armor out there for any big manga. The mc girl is a essentially a human trying to secretly kill powerful students her age that have superpowers. She can think smart, but isn't perfect. She has come into so many situations where she would either die or be exposed, but luck would always find and save out of exposure and by writing her victims into being super idiots; she can always make a comeback when the victim decides for some reason to hold back on on killing her or exposing her to everyone for stereotypical reasons....

Dex-chan lover
I guess I would say anything Chinese.
Except Autophagy Regulation and the balls of elves, they are good.
But mostly they are underdog-stories where the mc is anything but an underdog, every person there is so awful that it doesn't make the slightest amount of sense and everyone in the story is absolutely retarded.
Every single time.

Also Nisekoi, fuck that story.

And World's End Harem, it's author isn't as smart as he believes himself to be.

And I guess prison lab for abandoning the edgy shit I liked it for for boring heroics.

There's only one manga series I've read that I absolutely HATE with every fiber of my being and that's Tendou-ke Monogatari. To be honest, I did like it at first. I thought the main female lead was an amazing character! I loved that she did things for good and to be kind, that she has skills to back up her acts when she's faced with a problem, and I thought her being okay with dying as long as it was to help someone was awesome. And she wasn't super reckless, at least from what I remember, she was just okay with dying doing what she thought is right.

But OH MY GOD. The main male lead ruined everything.

Yeah sure, he could, probably does, have his reasons to be such a douche bag, asshole, motherfreakingfucker of a sadistic piece of edgy shit that's so controlling of the main female lead that he FUCKING BURNS HER HOUSE DOWN so that she is forced to stay with him?? And she told him that her caretaker's grave or ashes or something was there too.

The absolute worst part of this, I'm sorry for my words, stupid damned series is that she falls in love with him for some unfathomable reason. I can't possibly comprehend why in hell's name the female lead would ever LIKE this guy.

I think I'm just severely disappointed is all. She's such a wonderful character that's getting stepped on and overshadowed by the "better, powerful, and hot edgy" asshole love interest, which is THE type of love interest I extremely dislike unless they eventually learn to treat people respectfully.

I have two.

Kimi no Iru Machi was a chore to read. I don't understand how I put myself through over 100 chapters. I stopped reading at a point where it looked like the MC would start going out with someone and pretended that's where the series ended.

Usagi Drop is the one where I still get upset thinking about to this day. The turn at the end goes against everything the manga was building up to til that point. What could have been a classic was ruined by an out of place ending that, at best, was a misguided attempt to channel classic Japanese literature; the ending just comes across as creepy and pandering to the worst kind of people.

Group Leader
@Mad_Lupine
I've been looking for this manga for so long! Kimi no Iru Machi. I read it years ago aghhhh and I loved it, because I was a kid when I read it 🤣. Sorry, I'm just so happy I finally found it again.

Evergreen is friggin awful. Just the worst. It started out so great, but then it ends with the biggest asspull of all time. "Oh no, how are we going to escape this dangerous forest? I know! Our dad, in the form of fucking FIREFLIES will guide us to safety even though we never set any of this up."
I get that it was axed, but WHY? Why Spirit Dad Fireflies?!

I don't know why, but Realist Maou Niyoru Seiiki Naki Isekai Kaikaku is getting on my nerves here. The way the author trying so hard to make his MC seems smart, cunning, is borderline pretentious. The way he regards 'common sense' as some mysterious power, only for the chosen one with 300 IQ, using the term 'realist' as the only way to make his work stand out in the market.

The way he keeps repeating on using that term, 'realist' this 'realist' that, like some 12 years old kid whose read that particular Nietzche's quote and start defining himself as an atheist, thinking that is something cool and based his entire personality around that.

Hell, why doesn't he use the word 'pragmatist', that represent his character's personality better and it is more common, but no, he keeps insisting on using the term 'realist'.

And the plot is subpar too.

Last of the Mohicans. I still have no idea what the story was supposed to be saying, other than maybe 'look, I'm cool! Oops, almost got caught there. Ain't I a stinker!" If I wanted that message I'd watch Looney Toons-Bugs Bunny did it better. When the critic's historical essay is longer than the manga, more entertaining than the manga, and kinda makes the point that the mangaka was a plaguristic hack, there's something wrong. That I actually spent money, albeit at the half-price bookstore, for the English release is an annoying regret. That it was supposed to be one of the first releases from a new publisher imprint for older manga, and they never released anything else, doesn't surprise me.

Suzuka

Seems like all characters at some point turns into robots/idiots only to justify the drama. Once I noticed the character were bend over backward for the sake of the "plot" it got me out of the story (couldn't suspend my disbelief anymore) I just stopped reading (wasn't that good to begin with).

Group Leader
@ejala This one ? https://mangadex.org/title/30497/mohicans-zoku-no-saigo
There are some interesting details in design but on the whole it seems drawn by an asylum patient:
I'm enjoying it because it's so full of involuntary comedy that I'm laughing my ass off, a bit like a Troma/Asylum manga
or, even better, a Turkish Star Wars manga https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww0k-80n-zI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3XCamO_nw0
But I'm reading it here and didn't spend any money on it so I can totally see why you are pissed about it.
Doron Chibimaru isn't bad though, the style works definitely better https://mangadex.org/title/20691

Supporter
While I don't quite remember the name of it, but the one where the girl gets split into two people after falling into the lake. The MC is just a walking doormat for every female in the series, which is why the manga pisses me off. He does it because he "loves her", but I feel like any self-respecting man would've walked away after 10 minutes of dealing with her and her friends. He risks his life on numerous occasions for the FMC and her friends, only for them to abuse him any time he does something as simple as existing.

That's probably where I draw the line when it comes to dropping a title, when the MC is such a spineless person that everyone can do anything they want to him/her without him (realistically) losing his shit. Or, like one manga that I was reading, the MC rightfully snaps on all the people involved in ruining his life, only for him to forgive them the page later.

Users who are viewing this thread