MangaDex Is Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Group Leader
I thought this was just a simple domain transfer, sucks that the whole situation is more complicated than that. I'm just glad that we have everyone and everything back for now

Aggregator gang
So happy you guys are back. I don't use discord regularly but I've been checking it multiple times a day for updates. I've been on the internet long enough to be used to my pirate sites disappearing, but I'm glad you aren't gone yet.

Thank you very much for your hard work mangadex team!
So glad you're back. 😄
Happy new year!

Aggregator gang
god, so glad you guys didn't just pull a MangaRock and shut down with no warning. I looked everywhere for a site that kept up to date on all the stuff I read, was well organized, and had a good search system.....sigh, i'll endure fanfox for a bit longer, but pls be up and running again soon.

And damn that jackass who caused our current situation, the one who uploaded that illegal chapter.

Group Leader
Hopefully an admin or mod sees this question;
After the move back to the .org domain, will the .cc domain redirect to the .org domain, or would it be shutdown and be unresponsive?

Dex-chan lover
I mean it's a lot of comment so, sorry in advance.
So when can we read the older chapters?

If I have older tabs/save links that are still on the .org will I need to find those again or will the page automatically move over to the new .org site once it goes back to .org?
sorry not really smart with computer stuff like this.

Also I really don't get why take down the whole site. I get wanting your currently running series to at least redirect to an official site but a lot of the stuff I want to read here is not ever released outside of japan or is years or decades out of print. A lot of the manga I actually go out and buy is only cause I read it at places like here and liked it enough to go look for it. I wouldn;t have bought half of my manga volumes if not for being able to check out the manga at places like this first. Im not gonna spend five to ten USD per book for a thirty book series unless I know its gonna be good.

It makes more business sense for these companies to find someway to work with sites like this as free advertisement or just make their own equivalent that allows fan translations for unreleased stuff to compete with.

Dex-chan lover
@Aireael Once the site's back on .org and all the images are back up, your tabs will work fine. You may have to reload the tab once that happens, and redo any reader settings, but that should be it.

So i feel a little confused. when it's said that older chapters will take time before they're readable, are we talking about all chapters post cc move? And all of the currently posted chapters during the cc period are readable?

Custom title
Staff
Developer
In short

Things will be back to normal in a few hours/days, however long it happens to take

I'd imagine people against censorship would bitch at me for this but why not just blacklist series that are already being translated by official companies? There's a fuck ton of series out there seeing slow or even no English releases and in those cases I see scanalation as necessary.
These jackwads who try to snipe series that are up to date by legitimate companies like Viz literally do nothing but give Mangadex a negative reputation and put it at risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread