MangaDex Is Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dex-chan lover
Gosh I forgot my username! I glad I found it in my old comment section in one of the manga. Maybe there will be email verification if someone loose their username and password.

Thanks for keeping us informed and thank you for all your hard work. This site has been one of my few ways to relax during the school term.

Felt so suffocated when mangadex is down. I'm so glad I checked twitter and saw the post about the new domain. Phew.. now I can breath freely. Thank you!!! ♥♥♥

Is there any info why the wsj manga released 2 weekly on mangaplus? Or is it just for the new year and this week?

Contributor
@Dridespoon sorry about that, I should just have told you ^^" it will redirect, which is good. Obviously, by the time my body learns to type the cc instead of the org.

Prior to this situation, I have basically used this site for free. Now I am considering making a donation. However, the third item in the original post does not inspire much confidence:

3. Following the termination of our reseller's support and handling of our donations, the existing donation method is no longer a viable option.

Were the original donations effectively stolen by a third party? If so, is there some way to guarantee that this cannot happen from now onwards?

Its nice to see you guys back, and thank you all for the good work.
Now, on the department of ideas to improve the site and try to avoid DMCA: Why not have all series have to be verified by someone trusty before going public? I know that would be an amazing increase of workload, but that would it make easier to avoid DMCA Hunters, I think.

I don't really get Viz motive, i mean, Mangadex is one of those site that actually don't have their stuff and redirect to mangaplus, why bother going after it while there still countless site out there ? and let not mentioning how futile it is since there is definitely more site crop up even if one were to fall,

is a Reindeer
VIP
@catnaroek Not stolen. Was transferred to us before termination. We have enough for a few months, gives us time to explore our next options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread