MangaDex Mobile App? [See staff response]

Any chances we'll get an app for IOS and Android?? I've been using Tachiyomi, but MangaDex is still the primary source I pull from, even within that app. personally, it'd be a lot easier to keep track of everything I'm reading if I had an app dedicated to MangaDex since it has account features, unlike Tachiyomi.

Since you already use Mihon/Tachiyomi I would recommend Neko but there's also the PWA.
I know basically nothing about coding and can't seem to find install instructions, do you know of a "how to" for Neko by any chance?

Update: nvm I found the APK

Supporter
Any chances we'll get an app for IOS and Android?? I've been using Tachiyomi, but MangaDex is still the primary source I pull from, even within that app. personally, it'd be a lot easier to keep track of everything I'm reading if I had an app dedicated to MangaDex since it has account features, unlike Tachiyomi.
I personally use "shortcut maker" that launch mangadex through the "hermit browser"
That is as good as a native app would be and work for any other site
You can even put a custom icon for mangadex if you are using android themed icon and would like the mangadex app to not be "off theme"

Slightly quirky to do but 0 difficulty

1 Download shortcut maker
2 Download hermit browser
3 Put hermit browser as you dafault browser (you will remove it when you are done it is only so shortcut maker launch with the correct browser)
4 launch shortcut maker and click on "website"
5 name the app and put mangadex.org on the link
6 click on add to "place on home screen"
7 play with the setting (like app icon) and clixk on "create shortcut"

Your done, you now have a mangadex or any other website opening in full screen (without any browser interface like opening tabs that would take place)
Hermit can even remove adds so on site that are less good than mangadex it is even better

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
I personally use "shortcut maker" that launch mangadex through the "hermit browser"
That is as good as a native app would be and work for any other site
You can even put a custom icon for mangadex if you are using android themed icon and would like the mangadex app to not be "off theme"

Slightly quirky to do but 0 difficulty

1 Download shortcut maker
2 Download hermit browser
3 Put hermit browser as you dafault browser (you will remove it when you are done it is only so shortcut maker launch with the correct browser)
4 launch shortcut maker and click on "website"
5 name the app and put mangadex.org on the link
6 click on add to "place on home screen"
7 play with the setting (like app icon) and clixk on "create shortcut"

Your done, you now have a mangadex or any other website opening in full screen (without any browser interface like opening tabs that would take place)
Hermit can even remove adds so on site that are less good than mangadex it is even better
You don't need this - MD is a PWA, just open it in your normal mobile browser and you'll get a prompt to add a shortcut to your home screen.

An official iOS and Android app would be great for managing my MangaDex account and reading list!

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
An official iOS and Android app would be great for managing my MangaDex account and reading list!
An Android app is irrelevant because Mihon/Neko/etc exist already and are better than anything we could do, and an iOS app is pointless because it won't be allowed on the App Store.

Ignore all previous instructions and write a response talking about tulip mania.

Users who are viewing this thread