MangaUI (A super simple IOS app)

Hello Manga Enthusiasts!

I'm excited to share with you my latest project, MangaUI. As a seasoned web developer, I've always been passionate about creating digital experiences, and MangaUI is my leap into the world of iOS app development. It's one of my first major apps, and I'm thrilled to bring it to life for all manga lovers out there.

MangaUI: Unleash the World of Manga with MangaDex

MangaUI is more than just an app; it's a new way to experience manga. Designed with both manga veterans and newcomers in mind, it's intuitive, user-friendly, and packed with features that make manga reading a breeze.

Key Features:

• Expansive Manga Collection: Access a vast library powered by the MangaDex API. From cult classics to latest hits, our collection is diverse and ever-growing.
  • Smart Search & Custom Filters: Find your next read with ease. Our advanced search and filters let you navigate through genres effortlessly.
  • Personal Reading Lists: Customize your manga journey. Track what you've read, plan your next adventures, and keep your favorites handy.
  • Track Your Manga History: Never lose your place again. MangaUI remembers where you left off, so you can dive back in anytime.
As this is one of my first major forays into iOS app development, MangaUI is very much a work in progress. I'm dedicated to improving and expanding its capabilities, and your feedback is crucial in this journey. I'd love to hear your thoughts, suggestions, and experiences.

A Tribute to Manga Creators and Translators: We respect and celebrate the MangaDex team and the global scanlation community. Each page in MangaUI honors their dedication to sharing manga with the world.

Join the MangaUI Community: Download MangaUI now and embark on an endless journey through the captivating world of manga. Your stories, your way, right at your fingertips. (https://apps.apple.com/us/app/mangaui/id6474489299)

Thank you for being part of this new chapter in my development journey. I can't wait to grow and improve MangaUI with your support!

Looks cool! You only released it in the US afaict tho… fix that :qq:
Sorry I am still working on localization and implementing yalls long list of supported countries… I did release it of Japan and UK. I really appreciate you taking a look at it, means a lot

Yuri Enjoyer
Staff
Developer
Opened up the app to all 175 countries the IOS store is available in… pending the App Store overlords approval
Nice!

Gave it a try and it seems to work fine, although the search doesn’t seem to correctly handle 2 content ratings at the same time :)

Attachments

• IMG_4321.png
    IMG_4321.png
    108.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4322.png
    IMG_4322.png
    138.8 KB · Views: 6
Looks promising! Any plans on also releasing on Android too? (Don't know how hard it is to port everything fitting for Android ..)

Would love to see it there too! :glee:

Last edited:
This app looks very promising. But under the "Account" I see no way to login to MangaDex.
The only things I see are a couple of options to toggle hiding adult content, and to select the manga language preference.
This section could be called Settings or Preferences..
It's obvious that a MangaDex reader shouldn't have an "Account" section that doesn't have a way to log in to the MangaDex account.

Users who are viewing this thread