Mangarock Officialy become MR Comics

What do u all think about MR going official ?

Rvg6ghX.jpg

Miku best girl
Admin
Isn't this old news? Or has there been an update.

Miku best girl
Admin
I wonder what their charging model will be. There's a lot of information on their new site but not much real detail. For example, how much money will they keep, how much money will they give to the publishers, etc.

Aggregator turning official sounds cool but I'm only seeing Chinese and Korean comics. Need to add Japanese and Western comics!

And let's be honest here, they will still continue the piracy business but in secret. Now they cover both legal and illegal side of the industry. 🤑

"First of all, there’s no excuse for the negative impact aggregator sites like ourselves have created for the comic industry and creators.
For that, we are truly sorry."

My sides. I wonder if its just going to become like webtoons where official translations of already free stuff are stored or they are going to get works that cost money. If its just free works translation I really don't see much future.

Mangarock is pretty much going to die really soon. Do you guys remember a site called One manga? Well, they tried to go legit, the Manga companies simply told them to strip EVERY SINGLE MANGA OFF IT. The Sad thing is, the site owners probably knew this would kill the site permanently, but complied anyways.

I suspect Manga rock will die in the exact same way. The situation is very similar where manga is being stripped, except Mangarock going legit is probably court mandated instead of One Manga voluntarily doing so. This means you won't even be able to rely on them keeping the forums up!!!

https://old.reddit.com/r/manga/comments/73wc90/onemanga_nostaligia/

but what about ye-olde anime site that shall not be named
but what about ye-olde hentai site that shall not be named

those had success going legit (as much as i might wish otherwise for the hentai site, though i dont really care about the anime site either way)

onemanga was a bit of an oddity and happened back when publishers were less open-minded about this type of thing. did it really even have any legit period cos it just seemed to die off instantly when rightholders asked.

Their servers are still up and running, considering my Manga Rock Definitive app is still working completely normally.

Apparently, MR Comic manage to make some deal with some big-name industries. Are there any plans for this site to be doing the same thing?

Dex-chan lover
I just looked at https://mrcomics.com/ and laughed so hard!
Why? They tell some bullshit like "it damages the industry" and other crap. Oh boy it's so funny and sad at the same time. Unfortunately DMCA sides with some greedy companies. This sucks.

Dex-chan lover
Well it seems that they have good intentions now but will they stay in the top of Google search results enough to maintain influence? If they become obscure then no amount of good will will reach people

I think that is the way to go, but they are still far from reaching the goal. Although chinese and korean editors are "easy" in this first stage (they want to reach the level of japanese manga and eventually western comics, so they need to grow their reader base and study it), fully established japanese, american and european comics companies will be more difficult, mostly because these companies are beginning to establish themselves online.

MR move is mainly driven by company growth, as they need to legitimise their main app to prevent future risks to their business growth (it's more difficult to find clients and investors when the main product is not entirely legit). Eventually all scanlation will disappear as authors and publishers will adapt to e-environment and printed word lose power, so it's the only advantageous move they can make.

Just saying.....

Well, it looks like they are gone.

As we announced previously, we have removed all reading features from the website.

Now when you visit each title’s info page, you can no longer read scanlations. Instead, we have added a feature that links each title in Manga Rock to an official content provider’s site (like Comixology, or viz.com etc.) where you can support the original authors and their work.

Disclaimer: We do not receive any referral fee from any of your purchases.

In the meantime, our team is still working hard on project “MR Comics” where we hope to make comics more accessible to everyone — we will share details with you soon.

If you have any questions or need help (membership, account etc.), please contact support@mangarock.com

Dex-chan lover
You can still read on their app. As far as I know, quite a few licensed series did get removed, but a lot more are still available :v

Dex-chan lover
It's official then
https://nabstudio.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039635851-Online-Reading-to-be-Disabled-in-Manga-Rock-app

It seems it's done earlier than their announcement, as of today Feb 23rd, you already can't read on Mangarock app anymore, but still can see the names of the manga in your list.

Dex-chan lover
?? I still can see it just right. Maybe early march like they said

Dex-chan lover
@AAA1 More like intermittent to me. Since Feb23rd, occasionally when I open MR app, I got the same Error loading image for everything, saved for the subscribed list. And no, it's not my internet as I changed to 3G and tried using VPN, if I get the error message then I have to wait until it's back to normal. I think maybe they are testing it out or something.

Users who are viewing this thread