🥭🍆 - mangodicks.org

VIP
Hi, all.
A year ago, I launched MangoDicks as a way for users to use title embeds with the v5 beta.

Since we implemented rich embeds on mangadex.org, there hasn't been much of a need for mangodicks.org to exist. However, I've been considering using the site as a way to provide additional features for embeds and such that might not make much sense to be on the main site, a la FxTwitter.

If you have any ideas, please send them in this thread, thank you!

p.s. it doesn't just have to be URL/embed shenanigans, i'm open to anything and everything

-🥭🍆

Group Leader
For embed ideas: additional information like rating, latest chapter scanlated in english and when, tags and demographic.

VIP
Autoreader please
I was actually looking into doing this for a while: the rendering + capture engine for old MangoDicks embeds supported animations, but it was a bit too costly in terms of server time to implement that way... renders had to be done at realtime, so this was entirely unfeasible...

VIP
For embed ideas: additional information like rating, latest chapter scanlated in english and when, tags and demographic.
I believe @tristan9 is implementing this in the actual embeds... though I'd happily implement this if he doesn't plan to.

"and then mangadex will steal embeds from mangodicks again" - @Grannix :p

Power Uploader
A mangadex covers gallery? One where you can easily view covers from different countries and descriptions that are currently hidden on mangadex, plus, not too necessary but that you can give likes and have top rated covers, etc.

Power Uploader
Group Embeds: maybe list the recently updated manga for the grp alongside the embeds

Kinda like how Anime-planet does embeds for tags where they pick popular manga on top of the list
Like the embed for the following - https://www.anime-planet.com/manga/tags/agriculture

agriculture-673.jpg

Could be extended to Custom Lists as well

Users who are viewing this thread