ManhwaFreak

Yeah, I can't be bothered defending MF, especially when I'm talking to corn addicts, with the reading comprehension of a toddler. Whatever guys, you guys totally aren't being hypocrites, hating on people selling pirated content while reading pirated content where the scanlation site is making money. Definitely not hypocritical at all. You guys are in the right, MF is a terrible scummy scanlation site that didn't let you see tits, and also bad english! ALSO they make you pay for reading dog muzzle guy story, can you believe it? I really wanted to be caught up and read dog muzzle guy story, but sadly, I'll always be a week behind the rich people who pay for the premium. I am devastated. MF is super scummy, but I do read 6 stories from their site, but they are definitely a terrible scanlation group that should be taken down. MF should be doing this free of cost, with no ads and with only people who volunteer to work for free (definitely won't cause the group to shutdown because most people reading are gremlins who don't care about the people translating and won't donate). And only then will they be redeemable, right now they are the scummiest pieces of garbage scanlation group (definitely not reaperscans or flamescans). I am genuinely distraught that I have to be a week behind everyone else (dumbasses who payed) who is reading dog muzzle man... 😞 I wish I could see tits as well, so i could continue my 48 day gooning streak. I was distraught that I couldn't see tits the other day because MF, like the scums they are, censored it! And it ruined my reading experience.... but mainly my gooning streak. I totally agree with everyone here, now stop replying to me without reading my post 😁👍

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, I can't be bothered defending MF, especially when I'm talking to corn addicts, with the reading comprehension of a toddler. Whatever guys, you guys totally aren't being hypocrites, hating on people selling pirated content while reading pirated content where the scanlation site is making money. Definitely not hypocritical at all. You guys are in the right, MF is a terrible scummy scanlation site that didn't let you see tits, and also bad english! ALSO they make you pay for reading dog muzzle guy story, can you believe it? I really wanted to be caught up and read dog muzzle guy story, but sadly, I'll always be a week behind the rich people who pay for the premium. I am devastated. MF is super scummy, but I do read 6 stories from their site, but they are definitely a terrible scanlation group that should be taken down. MF should be doing this free of cost, with no ads and with only people who volunteer to work for free (definitely won't cause the group to shutdown because most people reading are gremlins who don't care about the people translating and won't donate). And only then will they be redeemable, right now they are the scummiest pieces of garbage scanlation group (definitely not reaperscans or flamescans). I am genuinely distraught that I have to be a week behind everyone else (dumbasses who payed) who is reading dog muzzle man... 😞 I wish I could see tits as well, so i could continue my 48 day gooning streak. I was distraught that I couldn't see tits the other day because MF, like the scums they are, censored it! And it ruined my reading experience.... but mainly my gooning streak. I totally agree with everyone here, now stop replying to me without reading my post 😁👍
It's pretty obvious you're part of the MF group. No other posts besides coming to defend them. Grow up and get a real job

Dex-chan lover
U0NHFbf.jpeg

tenor.gif

xc9UeeH.jpeg

MI1bEup.jpeg

Double-page supporter
Man, you people are genuinely mentally unable to comprehend basic english then complain about MTL. Nobody is distributing anything for free, none of the pirated content is distributed "freely," the ads you watch are your payment. There is money being made off of your views from pirated content. IT IS THE SAME THING. Both MF and other scanlation sites are making MONEY off pirated content. I said this, but ig Ill say it again, MF has ad's, but they aren't as annoying as other scanlation sites (when you can't tap on your screen without going to a corn redirect).
I think it's you that don't understand english. Freely means that the consumer pay nothing, not that the "seller" earns nothing. When a paper is distributed freely, it means you pay nothing to get it. Not that the distributors/printers didn't earn something. Passive income from ads are a lot different from forcing you to pay to view the chapter.

I also want to point out that most scanlation groups are in the red or barely make any money, when you consider buying the raws, the website and the work time. Let's not forget that those posting only on mangadex don't earn anything from ads.

Only the very big ones like asura scans or reaper scans are really earning money. But generally those groups are also not seen with a good eyes, notably because they are known for their very aggressive ads (Hence why I only read on PC with adblocks).

BTW, I saw that you just jaoined to complain about MF closure. Your account was just created this sunday.

I think it's you that don't understand english. Freely means that the consumer pay nothing, not that the "seller" earns nothing. When a paper is distributed freely, it means you pay nothing to get it. Not that the distributors/printers didn't earn something. Passive income from ads are a lot different from forcing you to pay to view the chapter.

I also want to point out that most scanlation groups are in the red or barely make any money, when you consider buying the raws, the website and the work time. Let's not forget that those posting only on mangadex don't earn anything from ads.

Only the very big ones like asura scans or reaper scans are really earning money. But generally those groups are also not seen with a good eyes, notably because they are known for their very aggressive ads (Hence why I only read on PC with adblocks).

BTW, I saw that you just jaoined to complain about MF closure. Your account was just created this sunday.
I honestly can't be bothered to argue for a mediocre group anymore, but I'll save you the speculation and stop you from thinking im some sort of MF member or smth. My mangadex account is like 3 or 4 years old, I've never used the forums (That's why it says my account was just created). As I said (but I'll repeat because you still can't comprehend English or connect the dots) I read 6 of the stories on MF, and when the site went down, I tried checking on reddit, but the guy who made a post abt it on r/manhwa got his post instantly erased. Manga updates redirected me to the forums for MF, and then I see a bunch of corn addicted toddlers whining about garbage that was pay walled, and you know the rest of the story. Anyways, keep slandering and continue reading from manhwafreak, nobody on here is gonna call you a hypocrite because everyone else on mangadex forums are corn addicted toddlers or wannabe reddit mods. Thanks for letting me know Manhwafreak is now UToon, now I can continue reading my 6 stories 😁

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
I honestly can't be bothered to argue for a mediocre group anymore, but I'll save you the speculation and stop you from thinking im some sort of MF member or smth. My mangadex account is like 3 or 4 years old, I've never used the forums (That's why it says my account was just created). As I said (but I'll repeat because you still can't comprehend English or connect the dots) I read 6 of the stories on MF, and when the site went down, I tried checking on reddit, but the guy who made a post abt it on r/manhwa got his post instantly erased. Manga updates redirected me to the forums for MF, and then I see a bunch of corn addicted toddlers whining about garbage that was pay walled, and you know the rest of the story. Anyways, keep slandering and continue reading from manhwafreak, nobody on here is gonna call you a hypocrite because everyone else on mangadex forums are corn addicted toddlers or wannabe reddit mods. Thanks for letting me know Manhwafreak is now UToon, now I can continue reading my 6 stories 😁
My bad for the account date. But still, you went through all the trouble of going to the forum and whine that MF wasn't that bad, while there are seriously one of the greediest scanlation group (I mean: They did commissioned chapters, had paywall, and ads in addition), that even you consider them mediocre.

Also, I seriously never read from manwha freak. For a long time, I thought they were aggregators with a bit of scanlation because their chapters were so badly translated (Seriously, I didn't know about the censorship until I went on the forum here. If they spent the time used to censor to improve the quality, we would have great translation. But hey, erasing some line on some panel are more important than having understandable sentence).

My bad for the account date. But still, you went through all the trouble of going to the forum and whine that MF wasn't that bad, while there are seriously one of the greediest scanlation group (I mean: They did commissioned chapters, had paywall, and ads in addition), that even you consider them mediocre.

Also, I seriously never read from manwha freak. For a long time, I thought they were aggregators with a bit of scanlation because their chapters were so badly translated (Seriously, I didn't know about the censorship until I went on the forum here. If they spent the time used to censor to improve the quality, we would have great translation. But hey, erasing some line on some panel are more important than having understandable sentence).
It's totally dependant on which story you are reading, all of the stories I read have decent/good translation, whereas stuff like Nano Machine has pretty poor translation. Most of their new pickups (which is what I read) has pretty decent translation. Also I don't consider MF the greediest by far, because groups like flamescans and reaperscans exist, which only farm views (they pick stories up, translate them for 30~ chapters, drop them, rinse and repeat). At least MF has a ton of original stories (idk abt the stuff they sniped in the past) rn, but those 2 sites snipe anything and everything. Also reaperscans has paywalls too. There is voidscans too, which IIRC the site owner literally stole the site from the previous owner. So no, MF is definitely not the scummiest, in my opinion. I enjoy the stories they translate too. And nobody but you guys are whining, as whining implies im complaining, im pointing out that what you guys are saying is hypocritical, while everyone here is complaining about translation quality, censorship, practices, etc...

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
It's totally dependant on which story you are reading, all of the stories I read have decent/good translation, whereas stuff like Nano Machine has pretty poor translation. Most of their new pickups (which is what I read) has pretty decent translation. Also I don't consider MF the greediest by far, because groups like flamescans and reaperscans exist, which only farm views (they pick stories up, translate them for 30~ chapters, drop them, rinse and repeat). At least MF has a ton of original stories (idk abt the stuff they sniped in the past) rn, but those 2 sites snipe anything and everything. Also reaperscans has paywalls too. There is voidscans too, which IIRC the site owner literally stole the site from the previous owner. So no, MF is definitely not the scummiest, in my opinion. I enjoy the stories they translate too. And nobody but you guys are whining, as whining implies im complaining, im pointing out that what you guys are saying is hypocritical, while everyone here is complaining about translation quality, censorship, practices, etc...
Don't forget to HAWK TUAH while you're sucking that ManhwaFreak UToon cock

quick question
has anyone been able to enter to their website? I haven't been able for almost 2 weeks and neither manwha-freak.com nor manwhafreak.site work, one gives me a no sponsors error (it persists even after turning off all adblockers and even going to another browser like edge) and the other says that the domain expired 💀

quick edit: i've researched into the no sponsors thing and it seems to be a problem with their hosting service? something is definitively happening to them, and it sucks because I was following like 2 manga of dubious quality they were translating and I haven't been able to keep up with them since like a month and a half ago, and other web pages are only up until the last un-paywalled chapters

update: seems like they got the .site domain back, but still have problems with the hostings (no sponsors problem)

new update: both sites are still unaccessible, is it only me or are you able to enter their websites?
new new update: they lost the .site domain again, how

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
1) I said one of the greediest. Not necessarily the greediest.
2) Funny you talk of Nano machine since it's one of the serie they sniped.
3) Are you sure you want to talk about dropping serie when defending a group that litterally says they will drop the serie if you stop paying them?
4) Flame scans, asura scans, reaper scans, ... drop serie for publishing reason or lack of interest. They try serie, if they don't get the public they stop it. If a serie has success they will keep doing it until they get DMCA'd. They also generally only snipe among themselves because they are quite quick to take series and translate them
5) I already told that they weren't role-models and often not well liked as scanlation groups
6) Reaperscans only has paywall only for the novels. Novel translations has a different mentality than manhwa/manga translation, notably because it garners a smaller public (so less revenue). And I think they have a direct accord for several of them (from what I know reaperscans is closer on the legal side). In addition, they are more consistent ; you know when a chapter will become free. From what I have gathered, MF free unlock was very random. And again: Reaperscans isn't a role model.
7) You complain that we have a poor opinion of MF while also admitting that they are mediocre, while using an argument that is irrelevant. If it's not whining what is?

I mean, you whole point is: MF isn't the only bad scanlations site.

But that was never the point of our argument. Like I mentioned, the scanlation groups that are on the capitalist side are also not that well seen. Saying that gardens aren't green everywhere doesn't make people liars for telling that your is barren.

Double-page supporter
Look at it objectively: what quality did MF have?

Poor translation
Poor proof reading/cleaning
Censorship
Sniping
Paywall
Ads
Commissions
Dropping series left and right
Release schedule inconsistent depending of the serie

Dex-chan lover
(Fucktons of really dumb shit)
1: Learn what a paragraph is and use them. It's this really useful block of space that makes your rambling bullshit 2x more readable. two times zero is still zero, but you should at least learn of their existence and try to incorporate them from time to time.
2: https://hemingwayapp.com/
3: How much do you get paid per comment? Seriously. Or is it per word and you get money deducted for using things like paragraphs?

Dex-chan lover
Before I say anything, I don't read manga, I read manhwa. You guys act like you are some sort of saint, and MF is some big evil for making people pay to read obsolete stories that nobody cared about. Almost all of their popular stories weren't paywalled and even then, your guys' idea that "its scummy to make a profit out of pirated shit" is complete virtue signalling, i mean we all read pirated stories, is that not scummy? To some degree, translation work is also work, and i mean, most people won't be willing to work for free, sooo... Also what's with this double standard, every other scanlation site makes money off of ads, but the second they start charging money directly instead of getting it indirectly, it becomes evil. I'd rather they do that than be spammed with dogshit ads that even adblock doesn't stop. I do admit the quality of a lot of their old translations were shit, but most of their new pickups are decently translated and don't feel like you are reading mtl garbage. Even though they sniped a lot, they also had many that only they were translating, with no one having translated it before.
If your adblocker is letting ads through, then that doesn't really have anything to do with the sites, it just means your adblocker isn't doing its job properly. I recommend something like uBlock Origin, as it's incredibly effective.

Double-page supporter
Stop with the booba, shiny spots on booba and cake REMOVAL!!! JUST JUST REMOVING THEM PLEASE!!!!

Dex-chan lover
Not an advocate; but their titles that I read were of acceptable quality.
You're an obvious Freak advocate alongside that whatzittooya dude but I'll entertain. Yes, their recent pickups are actually good.

They seem to hire actual human translators (which I suspect include you) for those new series. Doesn't make it any less bad because they're only doing it to justify paywalling.

Also the juxtaposition of the cheerful tone of those recent TL notes with the shadiness of the ManhwaFreak logo gives me the creeps.

Dex-chan lover
They seem to hire actual human translators (which I suspect include you) for those new series.
You know what I bet they do? They use real translation for a few chapters when they snipe to make it look okay, then swap out to the MTL team after they get some signups through the paywall.

Same way yify would make "preview" files of their dogshit torrents with high bitrate video, then the actual release would be 500KB/s.

Users who are viewing this thread