Manuke na FPS Player ga Isekai e Ochita Baai - Vol. 3 Ch. 12.15 - 12.2 title page

Group Leader
The title page (which appears half-way through the chapter for no particular reason) for chapter 12.2 had some interesting info about the Powered Suits in the text blocks but it wasn't translated in the SA Scans release. I had ten minutes so I translated it for my own amusement then decided I'd share it with the world. If SA Scans want to use it and re-issue that chapter then they can go ahead with my blessing.

Dex-chan lover
Man, if it took this long to TL this one page, how long is it going to take to TL a full chapter?

This was a neat tidbit, but what the heck is the game's economy p2w bollocks. Ongoing CP cost in an fps.

Dex-chan lover
Now I actually understand why he don't just use it all the time, thanks.

Dex-chan lover
@kingoffing the suit has 2 separate costs: one to summon it, and other as a upkeep to use it.
So the player really have to think about time and place.

Dex-chan lover
"...players would not equip such suits."

A game with microtransactions where credit card warriors don't exist, let alone in a game where you shoot bullets literally made of money? I call BS. The chances of me turning into an isekai genderbender MC with cheats is higher than that actually happening.

Dex-chan lover
I'm glad none of these VRMMO authors aren't game designers. The mechanics tend to be really awful, like in this case. Are Japanese games that heavily credit card warrioring or is it just a convenient plot item?

@Magneticmagnet

When looking at video games in asian fiction I find that pay to win is considered natural especially in Korean novels. Characters’ worth is often measured by income/assets (material value) instead of inner values like good character and whatnot.

Japanese novels aren’t that extreme in this regard.

Group Leader
The King of Japanese isekai, Overlord is clear that Suzuki-san, the real-life Momonga spent a lot of hard-earned cash on gacha drops and other items playing Yggadrisil, even blowing his year-end bonus on game boosts one time. That sounds very pay-to-play to me.

As for Manuke FPS I don't know if Schwarz bought the Powered Suit he equips for cash but CP can be earned in-game by achievements. It's clear the Powered Suit is difficult to use requiring a lot of skill and practice (aka levelling up) so it's not the sort of thing a casual player is likely to be able to use well even if they were to drop real money on buying and using it. I see VMB as a game with a lot of noob stuff going on while the top-rank players whale on each other or take advanced quests to keep things balanced.

Generally the story is emphasising that Schwarz worked best as a team player in VMB and now he's by himself with his unique balance of skills and capabilities and zero magic potential which in this world is a big downside. Partying up for the Harpy subjugation quest showed him he doesn't fit in with the locals very well. He may get better.

Users who are viewing this thread