Mao

Up to 17 chapters, I'm curious about how they develop into romantic relationships. They don't have many silly squabbles; no childish, act normal, serious. Mature, at times. Disagreement? There is, but the destiny that binds them makes acceptance of conditions better. It seems that the bite will come from the different eras in which they came. I reckon that (hopefully) there will be no sacrifice in any form with the involvement of third parties who force entry into their circle. Why am I saying this, because after seeing Mao's condition come and how it dragged him into the present situation. That's quite heavy. And Nanoka came as an answer key for him and at that moment walked side by side with him, forming cooperation from necessity to growing liking ... maybe.

I will repeatedly say: I don't like stubborn classic couples like Inuyasha and Kagome. The difficult situation of Mao and Nanoka is more interesting even I can see more struggle in it.
Rumiko always pulls one scene into chunks of many chapters, so in my opinion so far their main focus hasn't changed since they first met. The monster formula hasn't changed but this classic sensation is a characteristic that sometimes not all authors can do.

I have always liked the author's work due to her writing. This series still has that charm, despite the old style. 10/10

As always, the writing is the best part of Rumiko's series. It's still good, despite the really old art style. Too bad that this will not get an anime adaptation in the future because of its old art style, looking kinda ugly in comparison to modern anime.

Contributor
@Masgrande https://mao-translations.tumblr.com/

I use a script to download them and rename them, then number by hand... It's a pain. So I'm glad someone is uploading new translations here!

This seems a lot like InuYasha except the protagonists aren't nearly as annoying, and the overarcing plot seems a little more thought-out. I'm really enjoying this so far. I've been reading Takahashi's manga for 20 years (I remember Ranma 1/2 and Maison Ikkoku were some of the first/only manga you could find in stores in NA in the late 90s/early 00s) and I love that the author who introduced me to the medium still has more to give.

I'm liking the series for most of the creativity that the mangaka brings to her works, and it looks like it's got lots of potential especially with the Female Lead having decent abilities early on. I just wish she'd just
stop it with the hurt-FL-with-tragic-ML-exes angle,
there's lots more that could be done with the characters/their circumstances

Users who are viewing this thread