Maou Gakuen no Hangyakusha - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Thanks for the chapter!
What's with the 'demon'-esque beauty line? Is author trying to be coy without revealing too much at beginning or something? Since she is a devil wouldn't demonic or succubus-esque be better? Then again I don't really know difference between demons and devils in the story's universe so might not be case where same thing described with both but big differences.
In any case, waking up to three beauties in their underwear who want to cuddle would make me think that I was still dreaming. Would've been nice if there was some indication when in the story this happened. Btw, the wake up call was from the Lovers Arcana Card. Must've been one hell of a party he can't remember the night before. XD Seriously though, I wonder how his parents recognized the card as one of the Arcana for Demon King Candidates rather than a card from an ordinary, common Tarot deck? Also, they need to take their own advice to calm down. I can see the headlines now: Excited couple kill Lovers Demon King Candidate with Shaken Baby Syndrome. New record for shortest time between receiving card and dying for a candidate.

Although I think there was a mistranslation, parents aren't demonkin, they're humans working for demons. They haven't earned enough status to even be considered lowest class demons. Speaking of which, which demon house do they work for, and is it backing the Lovers or a different Arcana? As for the school it has a history of its students becoming the Demon King in previous wars so to maintain it's prestige as a top class school for demon nobility they pull a lot of strings to make sure current and future candidates attend classes there. Part of reason nobility go along with it is because it gathers all the candidates in a war (for the position of Demon King, the highest authority and ruler of all,) in one place for them and their kids to observe, judge, and try to form connections with the candidates along with each other. After all, it's easier to gain favor and debts with someone before they ascend a throne than afterwards.

Wasn't shown well but Gelt was the dark clothed individual standing next to the limousine and opened the door while brownnosing. Not sure if difference in translation or not but in LN Aspeet was written as Aspite. Also, considering the fireball was the lowest level fire spell it seemed too big and powerful along with leaving out Gelt's chant.
As for court card a candidate can have 14 cards (subordinates) directly contracted to him/her. What powers, benefits, etc. each side gets from the contract isn't explained but in terms of status it means the candidate recognizes that person as a direct subordinate and representative of their will along with being backed by that person's family. IE, candidate gets support from person and their house who in turn will receive favorable treatment and positions over others upon taking the throne. Lowest ranked card is 2 and goes up to 10 and are considered minor subordinates. Court cards are the higher ranked cards and include the Knight (11,) Prince (12,) Queen (13,) and Ace (14,) with Ace ranking the highest. So what Gelt is saying is if could take out MC could go from a lower ranked card to an upper ranked court card and that Lizel had refused a position of the top three in Aspite's group. Not sure if Queen considered 2nd in command with only Aspite having more authority (ie helps with logistics, management, etc. so Aspite doesn't have to bother with it,) with Ace being strongest fighter/troubleshooter (ie Assassin who takes out potential threats through force but doesn't help with management or logistics,) or if has more authority than the Queen.
Lizel's comment at the end is referring to the fight. Basically she wanted to see if he could learn magic from his Arcana and use it. If he failed she would've cast her own barrier and attack magic to protect them. However, the speed of learning the magic varies depending on various things such as compatibility between candidate and Arcana card, skill and ability to learn and understand the magic, and various other things. For other Arcana users learning a spell from their Arcana could take hours, and even then it might be days or longer before they can understand it enough to use it similar to a math formula used to solve equations. Also, an Arcana talking to it's candidate shows the Arcana really likes the candidate and is compatible so most candidates never hear the voice of their Arcana. Thus, MC showed her his potential and compatibility by being able to not only quickly learn two spells but use them in his first battle.

"The conditions were better than a normal company anyways."
-Dad

Hey you won't see me complaining, I understand.

Dex-chan lover
Well, that to be expected to end not that interesting chapter 1, to the next chapter. 🙂

Dex-chan lover
It’s ok, i’ve seen this before. You’ve just gotta suplex the dude in the white uniform and it’ll all work out :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread