Maou Gakuen no Hangyakusha - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - Healing Lovers

Given his Arcana is the Lovers, I'm guessing most of his "cards" are going to be Cups/Chalices. Cups, also known as Chalices, are tied to the element of water and also linked to love and relationships. The suite is usually referred to as Cups but I have seen it be called Chalices in a few sources, they're also called Cauldrons in some culturally themed sets. Suite sets are a bit different than a modern deck, and by that I mean they're more expansive. Suits go from Ace to 10 then you get into the Court Cards, the face cards that ironically are also named for important figures in a royal court. The court cards go as follows, Knight, Princess, Prince, Queen, and King. The 4 suites that make up the Minor Arcana are also known as the Original Suites, as in they were the suites that playing cards had before the modern structure we have today. Wands/Staffs became the suite known as Clubs, Cups/Chalices became the suit we call Hearts, Coins/Pentacles (also called Shields in some Tarot sets) became the suit of Diamonds, and Swords became the suite of Spades. Also in modern decks, the Knight, Princess, and Princes were basically blended together to make the Jack card. Personally, I think playing card sets would be more fun and interesting if we still had the Knight, Princess, and Prince cards. At the very least, a Royal Flush in Poker would be a bit trickier to get and make more sense.

The Lovers pertains to Love and Relationships, so having Cups/Chalices/Cauldrons be the Cards of The Lovers makes sense due to Cups/Chalices/Cauldrons being tied to Love and Relationships as well.

Why isn't he wondering why she approached him first? Had she stalked him before? Is it really going to be just, "because we're compatible."

@Mondemon
That's about what I was going to say.... Spot on mate 😂

Too early to know, but I'm still looking forward to the next (few at least) chapter

@Speak_Evil I left a little breakdown of the meaning behind some Tarot cards, I used to do Tarot readings for friends and family. I also go and give a brief summary of card suites.

Dex-chan lover
That booty made me finally change my avatar. New girl on the right came in with heart eyes in no time.

Dex-chan lover
naiZLyi6.jpg

Double-page supporter
Author could at least write her reason for falling for MC as to "Using him to raise her position of power because she thinks that he will be demon lord" or something like that. Now...

Dex-chan lover
So far we get Iruma/R+V + DxD + Arcana Famiglia.
Cool! let's see how many ideas we can cram to make this palatable.

Double-page supporter
Is that all, I was sorta expecting a more solid reason /shrugs. As to why she would put her neck out for some weak human. Is there some reason she wanted to serve the "The lovers" demon card specifically ? Does her family bloodline have history with it ? Her whole reasoning just now was wishy washy when she had gotten offers to be with stronger demon cards from real demons more established.

Users who are viewing this thread