Maou Gun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta - Ch. 44.1

Dex-chan lover
Don't cut yourself on the pure edge peeps! :dogewow:
e3609d49-e75a-43ec-b0b6-199c28d9542b.jpg

Supporter
kinda like this series, but I also don't really feel like saying anything about it.
I mean...You're looking at an 11 page half chapter, where the first half was potential plot-driving dialogue, and the second half was basically voiceless spectacle.

Before this recent battle, Ike was able to prove in his town that demons and humans have more than enough in common to make living together more than a possibility. But it seems the isekai military industrial complex is working to make sure that there is always a conflict in play, because peace doesn't make them money.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter!

I just took a peek at the anime, I presume that it will overtake this manga adap by the 6th episode or so, the way how slow the manga is adapting the source.

Dex-chan lover
I mean...You're looking at an 11 page half chapter, where the first half was potential plot-driving dialogue, and the second half was basically voiceless spectacle.
Last three "chapters", more like. I usually have at least a few things to say, but this is just... A lot of action where it's hard to see what's actually happening and how's on which team.

Supporter
Last three "chapters", more like. I usually have at least a few things to say, but this is just... A lot of action where it's hard to see what's actually happening and how's on which team.
100% agree there. This "demon versus gargoyle" fight is as close as it's ever been to a human against human fight in a fantasy setting for trying to distinguish sides.

Dex-chan lover
The problem with extended battle sequences in plot-driven manga is that they... lose the plot.

The only way to read this kind of thing is to pick it up after it's collected into a tank, it's impossible to keep up with it weekly without rereading the same previous chapters over and over to get context.

Dex-chan lover
I lost track of what was going on this manga a while ago. None of the characters are particularly memorable personality-wise, and most don't even have interesting designs. At this point, I'm only still reading because I have a crippling isekai addiction and there are no good ones left

Users who are viewing this thread