Maou Gun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Aggregator gang
Now, why would you name him Ike and make him some virgin magician, when he should instead be Guts with blue hair?

Group Leader
I knew it was gonna be a girl the entire time so I was trying to think of a way the translators could have referred to the demon king without it being (even more) obvious what was coming.
I haven't looked at the raws so i'm not sure if it's the case here, but I know that often in situations like this the way they refer to the demon king is very direct, usually calling them 'maou' without using any pronouns, which makes it very hard to translate while keeping the intended surprise factor, but without having the characters use entirely incorrect pronouns.
Because in English it would be so rare to refer to someone so many times without using a pronoun, if you translate it as the characters always saying 'the demon king/lord' readers will immediately sniff out what's coming. There's a similar problem with if you use 'they', not having a gendered pronoun in the translation will almost certainly give away the "big reveal" (even if it's not really a big reveal if you read enough isekai manga).

I really wish in these mangas that japs would do the pronouns right just say demon queen if its a girl.
Of course then 99% of these mangas would be demon queen instead of demon king lol

Dex-chan lover
Couldn't he just pretend to be whatever race his master is? She looks exactly like a human.

Double-page supporter
At this point manga has a much higher probability of A Demon "King" being female unless its the MC himself. If they are referred as Demon Lord, then its practically 100% female.

The whole reincarnation part seems pointless
Baby being raised by demons works just fine

Fed-Kun's army
i feel like i have already seen this demon "king" somewhere

Waiiit.. It's called demon king not demon queen, oh yeah just checked the tags and said "genderswap", maybe it's trap. Maybe I'll found out next chapter, he or she...

Users who are viewing this thread