Maou Gun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta - Vol. 2 Ch. 8

Dex-chan lover
pretty weird though how oda is acting here considering he's a guy that would burn a whole village down but doesn't seem to agree in mass killing in this world

Dex-chan lover
Another old man from the past, this time he became a busty demonlord

Fed-Kun's army
@Tamerlane You would be surprise how think medieval armor are I don't know about alder musket but the musket used in the American war of independence and so on can penetrate armor.

Dex-chan lover
@Nurarihyon doesn’t matter Damascus was made to be sharp not hard. Some steel alloy would have worked better if it’s like 1cm thick or more. They were quite close to each other though and not the muskets max range so its in the more side.

Dex-chan lover
Quit a bit to unpack.
First, the Fate series called, they say you're stealing their patented idea of turning historical figures into anime girls.
Guns? Based on the translation I assumed the Gun in the title was just a coincidence but it might have been a pun all along, didn't think the author would aim for a bilingual pun.
Props for using flintlocks instead of just suddenly being immediately like "Oh yea we can make modern day pistols and ak47s now" like some others have gone.
Man the demon faction really doesn't get along do they? Feel like they fight their own more often than their actual enemies lol.

Yeah... a “demon lord” who just got his ass handed to him in a competition of wits. Who would support the tool? When his opponent was overwhelmingly superior.

Dex-chan lover
If he actually killed her the author just wrote himself into a corner. What I expect is this is just a tactic to get us excited for the next chapter (not really working though) where we see she’s just trolling the idiot. Other than that I’m not confused, but somewhat surprised (I guess?). I remember the mc realizing the demon lord was a reincarnator too a while back, so her coming out about it was only a matter of time (I did expect the author to wait before pulling that though). I am trying to figure out why the demon lord was a famous Japanese historical figure? Wasn’t the mc from modern times (I mean it’s been awhile since I read the first chapter, so I guess he could be from the past too in which case ignore me). It just felt so random and added so many needless additional problems and questions. Does the reincarnation transcend time and if so... HOW?! How does time pass in this world as compared to ours? What causes people to be reincarnated? And why wasn’t the mc more surprised? I mean I’d understand if she was just some other random Japanese person (and he already knew she was a reincarnator), but this means she was actually a HUGE historical figure. The mc doesn’t have any questions, comments, or general “WHAT THE FREAK OMG!!! AWESOME” words to say? Again, I’m not Japanese, but this feels like an American meeting Abraham Lincoln (or literally any popular historical figure) and going “cool thx”.

Aggregator gang
@Hell_Satan Answering the Damascus steel question, put simply no. Put less simply, Damascus steel is a weird misnomer that western metallurgists used to denote pattern welded steel. If you're asking if we know the exact way that the people in the Middle East that pioneered pattern welding did it, not exactly since i don't think we have literature from them about it but we can reproduce the same or a very similar type of metal with modern metallurgy.

shouldn't this novel have the gender bender tag? It's pretty obvious who the Maou was in her previous life.

Users who are viewing this thread