Maou no Ore ga Dorei Elf wo Yome ni Shitanda ga, Dou Medereba ii? - Vol. 2 Ch. 5 - The Quiet Ones are Devastatingly Terrifying when Angry

Aggregator gang
Given that the major points regarding the way magic works in this chapter were the Circles, and how Mages write Defenses into their Magic Circles so other Wizards can't take control of it, I'm guessing the Double Circle will happen when they both create circles in each other's circles which they will be able to do since they've grown close and understand each other's defenses. At least that's what I would do, since it not only gives them UNLIMITED POWAH but it's also metaphorical of their entire relationship.

@Fuko If magic was to be systematic, it'll just turn out technology-like, and if it's not, it'll be asspull fantasy-like where everything just happens, magically and supernaturally beyond comprehension.

@Fuko
Would you rather them explain it in terms of pipes and plumbing?
I believe the idea of magic being a flow of energy (or mana) has been long established. Circuitry is just a much better way of explaining it that flows of water or air since we don't see flowing water doing amazing things on a daily basis. And charging yourself like a battery sounds so much more natural to us humanoids that filling ourselves with magic like a damn.

That said, I wouldn't mind a completely new onlook to magic.

But we have already pushed the limits with technology to the point where I wonder if there will even be an allure for magic in the youth of tomorrow. Space, temporal, and alchemy(and create/destroy matter) are the only types of magic I can think of that are still too difficult for us to be practical. Alchemy cost way to much, the world will go bankrupt before you make a pot of gold. Space/temporal are both held up by how difficult it is to get things to light speed (not to mention doing it in a timely manner without destroying the thing your transporting). We will probably have to settle with robots for telepathy, but controlling them with our mind is already possible, though not very elegant without implants. Any other type of magic seems to just be our current technology in a bottle (everything is better in a bottle). Or put into grand scale bc who doesn't want to cook everything inside the entire forest with a fire blast... wait, we have that. Its called a forest fire. Magicians, ADVANCE!

I sincerely believe we will have the floating screens/GUIs/HUDs that we have always dreamed about in the near future, floating physical screens are probably asking for too much, but head-mounted 3d HUDs or maybe actual 3d projections (not holograms, no enclosure) with touch feedback (from a glove) seems entirely possible. We already have the base for it, just lacking elegance and appeal necessary for mass adoption.
e

Dex-chan lover
I like the series, but c'mon scanlation group. You have two proofreaders and there's still an abundance of errors. Are neither of them native English speakers?

Dex-chan lover
I'm personally a sucker for properly explained magic systems, specially when the author is actually faithful to them and anything unusual or extraordinary is properly explained and foreshadowed.

As much as I enjoy reading it as a kid, I always fucking hated magic in Harry Potter due to how it pretended to be something that had some sort of systems and logic but Rowling refused to ever properly explain it so she could keep pulling new spells, potions and items out of her ass to solve the plot of each book (and them forget about them even though they could have been useful for way more things). On the other hand, I don't have this issue with series like LotR where magic is something extremely rare and mystical and thus I don't need any explanations.

So yeah, I'm all in for magic circuits as long as the author doesn't shit on his own magic system after 2 chapters.

@Acolytus
Not much explained yet. But I am pretty sure she will be drawing circles on the inside as soon as she learns how. Probably will team up where she draws and hijacks the circles, and he activates them (Manga will probably end when her seal is released)
Heck, maybe she will just hijack circles and he will be a useless dud. After all, this chapter basically said that if she learns that, she doesn't need any magic capacity. She can just manipulate the magic around her (and the enemies magic as well). Her collar will never need to be removed.

Can't wait to see Nephie's murderous smile in the next chapter. (betting they will try to save her and tick her off)

Dex-chan lover
It's not particularly new or original, but as far as explanations for magic systems go, I think this is one of the easiest-to-understand ones I've read. It introduces basic building blocks-so basic in fact, that they can work as the foundation for extremely complex ideas if the author feels like escalating it.

I'm definitely excited to see where this story goes from here.

Also, that Nephie ear-wiggle is precious.

Double-page supporter
@LysandersTrease didn't notice those but they should be fixed now. Probably wouldn't have noticed them too, if nobody commented that, so you have my thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread