Maou-sama ni Shoukan sareta kedo Kotoba ga Tsuujinai - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - I Found Her (2)

Aggregator gang
Maybe Mary was trying to summon a powerful being. Neah examined Ren and learned that he wasnt which is why Neah is trying to take him away even after Mary already accepted him.

Dex-chan lover
and the collar might have been a magic tool Neah told Mary to use on Ren so he could speak and understand

Double-page supporter
I like how we don't even know what's going on

@Nep
You get a paper and pencil and start by writing the nouns for everything you can find in your own language translated in your own writing system based on how they sound.
Hold a char in front of her to get her to tell him the word for chair, hold a candle in front of her to get her to tell him the word for candle.
If you can't hold things than point to them. Start with nouns then move onto verbs and more abstract concepts.

If she's not an idiot she should get the idea of what he's trying to do and assist as best she can.

He should then review and memorize as best as possible. There will be some mistakes and misunderstandings but he can just correct them as he figures them out.
He may not be grammatically correct or understand things like cases but he can start off talking like a caveman and figure those things out and take notes as he communicates more.
The more he figures out the easier it becomes for him to ask questions and get clarification.

I don't see any realistic way he could ever learn it if he isn't actively documenting and taking notes.

First priority should be to speak and understand, then if he can do that fluently he could try to figure out their writing system.

Fed-Kun's army
@Yonko A (loli)Demon Lord(maybe), a (Bear)Golem(maybe) and a (Onee-san)Witch(maybe). Non of them are know for treating humans like humans. We don't even know if 'humans' exist in this world nor who they are treated in this world. Maybe humans really are just pets to other races and nothing more. And yeah, maybe the Witch is not human either, but another human-like race.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@ManlyMan6545 Pretty much what I said, learn things like a baby. I dont remember the actual term for it but many children from age 0-6(?) learn this way. (My dumb country stopped caring after 6)

@dojinshi
the fastest way for him to understand would be for mary to fetch linguistics professors to study him and his language

My argument was more towards "Just have the linguistics professor teach him from the start instead of going the long way of learning the guy's language then teaching him." Its really just wasted effort since the linguistics professor would now be the only other guy that can speak Japanese and it would serve no purpose other than to make it easier to teach the human Demonese. How is the professor going to learn Japanese? Have the Japanese teach him.

you say "learn the alphabet" but what if its not a simple 26 character language?

I said learn the "alphabets". Complete with " " right between the word alphabet. Because I have no idea what the demons use for a written language. Chinese/Japanese/Arabian/etc characters/runes/kanji/etc all fall under "alphabet". A better word for it may be "written language" but I didn't think of it at the time.

It may be harder than abc but the learning method is roughly the same since babies can learn it.

Double-page supporter
I wanted a fight :/ wanted to see the demon loli protect her belongings <.<

If this demon lord is bowing to this witch, then whats the point of being the demon lord./

Contributor
Wait. If he was summoned, then he probably might be seen a saw familiar of sorts. Which are pets. So maybe that’s why she treats him like one.

Or seems to be. We can’t tell. We don’t have a good idea of how this world works.

Dex-chan lover
@Simkin

I didn't say I wanted the protagonist to know what they were saying, I just want to get to see the other PoV, I agree the language barrier is part of the charm but it sometimes feels like all the interesting conversations are happening on the other side of it

Double-page supporter
It is possible to teach someone a language even if you don't understand each other. Start off with the basics like tree, sky, apple etc and work your way up over time. There's no reason why he couldn't learn the basics unless it's completely impossible with the human tongue (unlikely since both of the other characters were shown with a humanoid tongue).

I would say that he wouldn't and won't trying to understand the language. Because the title even said it so, it's a running gag for this series and that's what makes you come for this manga.

Users who are viewing this thread