Maou-sama ni Shoukan sareta kedo Kotoba ga Tsuujinai - Vol. 2 Ch. 10 - She Came Again

Group Leader
> in the end, I still don't know if everything happened yesterday was real or was just a dream.

PR-kun pls

Dex-chan lover
What does the witch mean? She probably wanted to tell something about isekai/reincarnation...?

I'm going to guess that the weird lines she crossed out was the river Styx and crossing it out meant "not dying", so "wear this necklace to not die"?

So... the gem is supposed to be holding him from coming back to his original world because somehow his presence is unstable in the isekai?

Group Leader
@rubix22 Total immersion tends to accelerate language learning. It doesn't require that the teacher know your language. Without being able to verbally communicate, you can learn the names of various objects and actions and begin to form basic understandable sentences. You can then pick up some basic grammar based on the order that the words you know are used in, and then you've got a base to expand from there into fully learning the language.

The protagonist's problem is that he makes absolutely no effort whatsoever to learn anything at all.

I'm guessing she drew his soul leaving his body and returning to his world, and the pendant is stopping that

Oooh it s to prevent ma boi from astral projecting got it
Thank you for translating !

Dex-chan lover
@CursedLight He'd probably learn it if Mary just talked to him more as being immersed is a great way to learn.

How did neah know he was astral projecting or Mary sensed it even when he was sleeping

When I saw the chapter name (Haven't started reading yet, just in my follow list) my first thought was where's the Magic 'H' by the [story] name?

Dex-chan lover
Of course, people are assuming the X in the drawing means the amulet prevents him from being able to return to Earth again but perhaps X could mean something else entirely in the demon world.

Double-page supporter
i know a couple of people that know a handful of languages to a high degree. They are also capable of listening to 2 people convo, find patterns in words being said and form their understanding of what words they are, sometimes referencing a language they know (like how french and spanish are very similar), this lets them talk to people albeit very broken in that language. This mc is just dumb, he should at least pick up on repeating words, but 0 effort at all.

Dex-chan lover
@XionSteel
I have made that comment some time ago and was bonbarded with people saying that he is lazy and that is a defined character trait and it is why he still don't understand the language.
It is BS and lazy writing in my opinion but it is something most seem to just accept.

Dex-chan lover
At first I thought she was trying to tell him that Mary would stuff his soul in one of those teddy bears.

Fed-Kun's army
@XionSteel
@mahtan
well we can also look at it this way, skimming the manga, he seems to have been around people speaking maybe 3 times. and because people who know him know he cant understand anything, they don't try to teach him rather than getting to the end goal of what they wanted to say.

we then have the possibility that this language is not even close to your original language, lets say its like english to chinese, where english doesn't have pronunciation inflect meaning to the words in a way that 100% changes the meaning of the word (granted, the way the word is said may impart happy, angry ect, but it wont change but it wont change 'can I use your pencil' to 'I want to eff your cat') and there is very little hope of a person who isn't use to that style of language just picking it up

unless we are giveing a time frame for him being there, it would take a normal person several months to pick anything up without being taught, and this is with full conversations happening around them all the time.

Supporter
@alidan i would like to add if you are not into linguistic from a early age your brain become way more "lazy" (more like less skilled) to learn new language
If someone is born in a family with 2 language he will find learning a 3 one way more easy
now someone that did live like 16y without learning even a second one will find pretty dam hard to learn a totally new thing

Well maybe he should have learn thing like "good morning" and what ever they say (if they do say anything special) before eating like "bon appétit" in french (that mean Enjoy your meal) or really little thing like that

alright, everyone losing their shit over him being unable to learn a language needs to take a good hard look in the mirror.

Users who are viewing this thread