Maou-sama ni Shoukan sareta kedo Kotoba ga Tsuujinai - Vol. 2 Ch. 14 - I Don't Get It

Dex-chan lover
Indeed, I too don't get it.
Why the hell hasn't he tried to establish some help in learning the language? Like pointing at stuff to get their name, or the like. It has been a lot of time by now.

Double-page supporter
@feha Oh, you seem to be new to manga... There is such thing that every story is using. That thing is called "Plot". Every thing that you don't understand in story, or simply doesn't make any sense can be explained with "Because plot"...

Jokes aside, this is stupid and I doubt anything would change.

Fed-Kun's army
@feha or see if he has an aptitude magic and try to find find a way with magic to translate the languages like in other mangas

Dex-chan lover
"Someone, anyone is fine, just help me fix the situation please."

This is why people hate the MC. Even so-called beta cucks at least try, even if they fail, when they feel this tone of pseudo-desperation. This is infinitely worse than that because he freezes like a deer in headlights when confronted by an easily solvable minor social scuffle, and he doesn't even have any anxietal or other such problems that might excuse any of this. He's just a pathetic person, and the author seems to be dead set on keeping him that way.

Dex-chan lover
Cute.

I think this manga's title is wrong. It's more like "[...] but I won't understand her language". After the initial effort to understand, he just gave up.

So, he has two options.
One: he could learn their language, instead of sitting on his ass 24/7.
Two: do the wizards there not have translation magic? That would be easy as fuck.

Dex-chan lover
@BobPotato
Right!? It's just dumb, since the only explanation for why he can't understand is that he doesn't even try. If it was actually explained I could happily keep reading. It's really cute after all, but also really infuriating. Someone commented on an earlier chapter that it might be just garbled noise to Ren, but that's BS since he could learn names.

Dex-chan lover
Well, we don't have any backstory on why the MC can't speak the language. I remember mtl'ing some syosetu yandere novel when a girl forcibly summoned by the love interest to another world, then have a curse placed on her so she couldn't understand the language except when the love interest talk. When she learned a language, it became obscure, when she learned to write, the paper burned, something like that. It could be nice if that situation applied here, rather than MC reluctant to learn language, he can't for some reason.

Cute and all but can we get some plot, maybe some backstory. Some advancement so he can talk to people? Something?

I can't imagine that in a castle with almost everything being automated, that there wouldn't be a golem for writing letters or something. And since the golems can apparently sort of understand MC, then couldn't he get one to write him a letter explaining he needs to learn the language?

Double-page supporter
Oh Mary is starting to wuv him and nice art of mary from twitter😀

Aggregator gang
@Sep10trion yeah that's bothered me alot too. like why hasn't this guy started at least learned the names of things and some basic verbs?

Dex-chan lover
@Francis while it is part of the charm, the fact that he makes absolutely no effort in learning is not part of the charm, and wholly detracts from the charm.

Users who are viewing this thread