Maou-sama ni Shoukan sareta kedo Kotoba ga Tsuujinai - Vol. 2 Ch. 14 - I Don't Get It

@Hoezell
Yes, you're right. It won't be an easy thing to do though. For all we know, the MC sucks at learning languages.

@Fushiginiku
You invent your own languages? That's interesting! How do you go about that? Where do you get started?

@twinklecake
Well yes, she should have the power to do that. What I'm simply trying to say is that it's not easy for a simple average person to learn such a complex language from scratch. Even if there are things that he could do to get started. And he doesn't come across to me as a whiner...

Everyone's saying that the MC should learn the language. But I wonder, why doesn't she learn the MC's language instead? But this doesn't seem the type of manga where you might expect that kind of progress.

I'm still enjoying this manga, even though a bit more progress might be nice. It's not reason enough for me to complain in the comment section about it ad nauseum and drop it.

Yeah, honestly I'm convinced that he was supposed to understand the language due to magic upon his arrival into the world, but Mary made a mistake. Literally, the only thing that doesn't appear as garble are names. Even as Neah was introducing herself to Ren, her own name appeared as that same garbled text. All we could really do at this point is speculate until the plot moves along, but I think it makes much more sense that it's not a matter of putting in effort. The reason he can't learn the language is because of just that. He can't.

People are upset because this man can't understand her? Do ya'll understand how hard learning a second language is without any guidance that explain what the word/sentence is in your own language? Did you ever try going to a completely different country with no google translator and anyone that can translate for you and instantly understood what's being said? Ya'll think this man will instantly pick up on the language like that? If there ain't any magical power or item involved, how will be even pick it up?

Ya'll need to stop being salty about it, it's just how language barriers work. He probably won't start picking up on small stuff until a few months to a few years. And if the language is hard? Maybe never until Mary picks up his language.

I see nothing wrong with the MC, he's merely a generic dude lol. He ain't no super hero, he ain't no master of 1000 arts, no dude out for blind revenge and he certainly aint no solo leveler lol. He's a standard human that got pulled into another world.

Liu

@J363 you'd be asking for the whole world to learn your languange, which isn't even from this world. The goal isn't to change the world standard, it's to make the MC adapt into the world. So no, learning his language isn't an option. Honestly it may be gramatically difficult (sentence constructions) to learn a new language without reference, but you can easily learn greetings, verbs and nouns without reference.

I mean, look they've been sipping tea every single day for a while now, yet he doesn't even know how you pronounce the words "tea", "drink", "table", butler" (the golem), or "chair". He's not making any effort. Even the morning greeting is something you can easily deduct from waking up every single day with her by your side, yet MC doesn't even try to remember.

@Liu
Yes, you can learn simple words, greetings and such. But that's not enough long term, and it only does little. I bet people will still complain when he knows the basics of the language. Yes, he hasn't put in any effort to learn the language. However, it doesn't frustrate me and I don't see the MC as a "pathetic spineless coward who can't do shit". Maybe is MC is somewhat content the way things are for now. It's nice to try to understand the perspective of the character. Or place themselves in their shoes.

Are there things the MC could improve? Hell yes. Can you expect such progress in such a manga? Possibly not, it will likely take a good while. But I don't think that's what this manga is about, and for me that's fine. Obviously, many feel differently. I might be in the minority who thinks this way. I just wish people would relax a bit. The world is already hectic enough.

Dex-chan lover
@J363
You make interesting points, but there's a very easy counter to all of that. How does a child learn language? Two things: observation and repetition. Basically, they mimic other people. You teach a child by showing something, and saying the word. Works for nouns, adjectives and verbs. Like "ball". Or "red", with different objects. Or an action like "walk". Enough repetition, and they link the word to the meaning. Then they start learning grammar. You're jumping the gun, expecting grammar. Grammar is a sorting tool, and useless unless you already have the words in need of sorting.

Now, it's obviously way harder the older you get, but never impossible. I know 2 languages fluently, Swedish and English. I have a basic understanding of German and Japanese. I was taught in basically the same manner.

Dex-chan lover
Oh my god. Every fucking thread there are people bitching about how MC can't learn demon loli's language.

Guys, guys, what if, WHAT IF, there's some sort of magic shit going on that prevent MC from learning the language? Ever thought about that? This is magic fantasy shit, stop using proper logic and reasoning on a series which its main theme is the language barrier.

Holy fucking shit, EVERY SINGLE THREAD.

@cor3zone Yeah agreed, the author should've included it in the title or something

All jokes aside. I do think it will be expressed eventually.

Dex-chan lover
EVERYONE ARGUING ABOUT THE LOGIC OF THIS MANGA.
I JUST LIKE THE CUTE CHARACTERS.
is mary maybe in love. so cute. yes.

Dex-chan lover
@cor3zone that's not the fucking theme or the point of the series holy shit people are nitpicking on things that shouldn't matter in a series like this. It's like watching Pokemon and you're saying "LOL why didn't Ash just spam potion on his Charizard, easy win". NOT. THE. FUCKING. POINT. OF. THE. SERIES

Dex-chan lover
@allen133194
haha real funny

"can't" doesn't explain shit. The reason I'm annoyed by this, is that the only explanation we have is MC's lack of effort. I could say "I can't walk", and you would understand nothing about me. Maybe I'm paralyzed, or limbless, or really fat, or just plain lazy. You wouldn't know.

@cor3zone
I'm glad you mentioned this. Yes, children do seem to learn languages that way. And perhaps adults can learn it in a similar way. It also helps if the languages you're learning are somewhat similar. Although, I'm not sure all adults can learn it as easily or in a similar way you did. I'd say you some skill or talent for learning languages. I know fluent Dutch, English, some German (I've become very rusty) and a tiny bit of Japanese (need to work on my vocab and grammar). What worked for me is looking for patterns and similarities. And likely the observation and repetition you mentioned.

But there are definitely people who find it very hard to learn languages other than their own. We don't know if this MC has a knack for it, maybe he does and maybe he doesn't. And it also depends on one's motivation. Maybe he's somewhat okay with the way things are now. That will certainly not help learning a very "foreign" language. The point I was trying to make is that it's not easy as it may seem to learn a very strange language with absolutely no similarities (as far as we know) with the ones we know. It comes easier to some, especially if you like learning languages.

We can all agree that he should at least put in some effort to learn one word. Or if anything, know the name of the world, land, location, or the language itself for starters. However, I'm fine with this manga and will continue to read it. I don't think the point of the manga is for the MC to learn the language. But I expect it will happen at some point.

Dex-chan lover
@Xystus
That is the fucking point, for quite a lot of readers it would seem! The point of the story is to be a heartwarming SoL. When a huge part of the readerbase can't enjoy that because of shitty non-explanations, that's a fucking problem.

Dex-chan lover
It was awkward because she didn't know how to tell him about the dried bugger on his shirt.

@cor3zone It's fine to speculate, it's not fine to get angry about it. If it annoys you then move onto something else until there are more chapters and come back later or don't. You're convinced he's not putting any effort and I am convinced that there's a means as to why he can't. Neither of us are wrong at this point and the only thing you could do is wait and see.

Dex-chan lover
@cor3zone then drop it. EVERY SINGLE RELEASE has you annoying readers saying the SAME FUCKING SHIT.

omg why can't MC learn language?
omg it's so easy to learn a language.
omg just point and say the name of the object.
omg MC can't even learn.

SAME
FUCKING
THING
EVERY
WEEK

Y'all just better off dropping it, for real. JUST DROP IT. Don't force yourselves to read something that is annoying, because people that actually enjoy the theme and wanna comment on things that happened in the chapter get faceblasted with the SAME EXACT SHIT EVERY SINGLE THREAD.

EVERY
SINGLE
FUCKING
CHAPTER
COMMENT
THREAD

Same old shit, same old comments, same old complaints. Just STOP.

I'm even considering to not read the comment section from this chapter's release onward. Because it's fucking stupid reading same people saying same shit.

Users who are viewing this thread