Maou-sama ni Shoukan sareta kedo Kotoba ga Tsuujinai - Vol. 2 Ch. 15 - Mary's Smile

He should at least have figured out something like food or like the name of the golem by now just by pointing and saying "name" in a questioning tone repeatedly until she figures out he is asking for what it is called and gives something he thinks is probably the name for it

@Ribath gesturing an empty circle as a magic circle(which means to use magic), then gesturing to neck mostly on vocal chords, and the manga purpose is to communicate without knowing the language..

Dex-chan lover
I feel kinda bad that the axe is looming but at the same time I kinda understand a lack of interest... :/

The only thing ruining this series is how passive and boring the beta Mc is. Mary is cute and I wish we got to see more of the demon queen and her dynamic with the rest of the world.

Dex-chan lover
Damn, even with all these top tier Mary illustrations and sugar overload it's still doing bad in terms of sales T_T.

Fed-Kun's army
@AdamHu what were you expecting my man? a rapidly developing relationship between two different species, two differing societal ranks, with no common language? passive? he's essentially a well-liked servant. are you expecting him to be awaiting her at night on a bed of roses? though yeah i do want to see her interact with ppl other than him and the like 3 side characters so far

@AdamHu how would you do shit when you can't even talk to her? Push her to bed and do it? Imo he's doing okay, he trying to understand her and do something for her. Which is i think a good start ( i just hope the witch will do something with language barrier soon).

Loads of people here complaining about the MC not learning the language, like learning a language with no one who speaks your language to teach you is an easy thing to do.

Dex-chan lover
@Madra
The basic words? Absolutely easy.

Point at yourself. Say name. Get the person to understand just this simple step and pointing at objects to get the words of them will follow.

It will be tougher with connecting the words into working sentences, but you will at the very least take the very basic steps of learning the language.

Group Leader
Please retweet and like the series on twitter, that's the least we could do right now to save it from being axed.

@Elmithian
Some basic words in very basic contexts possibly. Things could be much more complicated though if the language she speaks is highly fusional and even basic things like 'hello' are said differently depending on context, or with things like noun cases, in which case even if you know the basic word, you won't understand it in most contexts. There is also the possiblity that words we take for granted don't exist in her language (As an example, I personally know quite a bit of a language in the real world that doesn't even have words for yes or no).

I would just say though that I find it a bit annoying that the MC hasn't even tried to start it seems, which is a lot of missed potential for misunderstandings to add to the comedy.

@BloodKing1 That's how magic is used from your perspective, maybe on this world there aren't magic circles. At least, I don't recall any ever being used when casting magic but I didn't bother to look back on all chapters to make sure what I was saying was right, so I might be wrong. And since the purpose of the manga is to communicate without knowing the language why would "translation magic" exist?

Aggregator gang
A new chapter, cute as always.

And behold myriad of arguments over why he hasn’t tried to achieve basic communication lol.

He’s an idiot, just go with it

Users who are viewing this thread