Maou-sama ni Shoukan sareta kedo Kotoba ga Tsuujinai - Vol. 3 Ch. 17 - I Could Understand Her Words (3)

Aggregator gang
Ren got a a little bit inaccurate translator. but hey, it works 😂

Point at thing, get told name. Additionally, he's been living there for a few months (?) now. Learning the very basics of conversation (greetings, my name is, etc.) is very possible even completely without reference. It's been done countless times in human history. The sad thing is he is doing absolutely nothing himself to improve this situation, just waiting for the little demon to magically know how to speak to him and putting all the burden on her.
Then he just jumps the first sight of a convenient google translate character and instead of asking her to teach him he just acts retarded.

Dex-chan lover
@wevvb
Yeah, not only has it been done countless times in the past there are language schools that use this very method this days, especially with elementary kids, where the teacher only speaks the "foreign" language, and points at things to explain stuff.

Fed-Kun's army
It's not that complicated for people to establish an extremely basic vocabulary relatively quickly even when they start from drastically different languages. It's a key element of cultural exchange. How do you think Europeans and the Indigenous populations of the Americas learned to communicate with no common language background?

Indeed, if this story wasn't written by a hack we'd have already seen Ren trying to pick up individual words and phrases by, I dunno, literally going around and pointing at things. You could use drawings to similar effect. Heterogeneous Linguistics makes this look laughably asinine and shallow yet this shit is twice as popular on here. It's fine to be a dumb, DUMB fluff story, but stay in your fucking lane.

Double-page supporter
Wait there is progress and cuteness in the same chapter?, thanks for the chapter!!

Dex-chan lover
this remind me of alternatino.... the translator holds the power.... huehuehuehue...

Dex-chan lover
How about you teach him the language too while your at it.

Group Leader
so is the title of this manga changing to " I Was Summoned by the Demon Lord, but I Need an Interpreter"

Aggregator gang
Few days and she learned two words. MC was here for months, intends to stay and has no idea what anything means.

Group Leader
A troll catgirl interpreter. This is gonna be good.

Users who are viewing this thread