Maou-sama no Machizukuri! ~Saikyou no Dungeon wa Kindai Toshi~ - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - Mythril Golem

I was thinking that this guy is too pathetic to be a Dungeon Master due to his personality, I thought he would be the generic and boring "let save everyone" mc, I'm glad I was wrong, I'm starting to like him.

Dex-chan lover
I will now play you the song of my people: https://youtu.be/NvIJvPj_pjE

Fed-Kun's army
@pandacard
thank you

@Narf
@ultimatehaki
there are various teches to be had.
wind means she can shoot the golems from outside the dungeon and still reach them.
air is often associated with lightning - a known weakness for many mechanical creatures.
she could break some of the walls with sheer force. she can bury the golems under the ceiling or shorten their circuits with dust.
heck, she can even use wind to make sure normal arrows hit the golems in critial spots randering them useless.
There are probably more ways. But those kind of ideas only the mc is allowed to have. a secondary character like haughty love interest is not allowed to use her brain.

@ neorasp
like ultimatehaki said. but to add from LN it was 1km long straight, ceiling is low to make her monsters with flying ability useless, golems stand on higher end while entrance on low end to accommodate gravity + since it's narrow and with low ceiling golems don't need to move or aim their MG but just pull trigger/stop. only problems would be barrel cooling and ammo reload but that need completely different numbers then stolas 100 something monsters. lolicel build dungeon where options were limited to just one.

also she herself in her own dungeon. her spirit can't do anything. and there's no time to do anything mentioned since it just second before rain of bullets hit you right at entrance. lightning and wind 2 different things too. golems are from mythril not clay or iron which make them rank B-A (forget since read long ago) while her main monsters are rank C because monsters that can be spam without medals are 2 rank below what was created with medal (her angel is rank A so do math yourself). and you forget that white space just connects them but made it impossible to attack from there or link attack from 1 dungeon to another. best example how guildwars in RO were, where without dmg reduction and lot of high end equip you die on entrance before room ever fully loaded

@neorasp
reread since i edited post.
your main mistake that you expect wide range of abilities but here demon lords way more narrowly specialized since ever with 100 of them some generations didn't had wind and fire

Fed-Kun's army
@Vykos
the 'attack outside of the dungoen forbidden' means initiating attacks when standing outside regardless of the target's location? fair enough.
Wind can alter the trajectory of bullets as well. not a barriar, but pary them aside. 1km takes a long out of a bullet momeentum as well. that means she can reltaivly safely shot arrows from inside the dungoen as long as her forces are on the edge.

besides that, everything else i said still stands. it doesn't matter wind and fire was skipped- wind is here now. it doesn't matter grade of monsters- dust will shorten gamboy's circuits as readily as it will shortens supercomputer's.

Power Uploader
There are probably more ways. But those kind of ideas only the mc is allowed to have. a secondary character like haughty love interest is not allowed to use her brain.
Such is the life of a fictional character.

Dex-chan lover
@neorasp
Just imagine the dungeons as and the white space as three seperate instances in a game. Not only is any combat activity inside the white space forbidden, you can't even look into the dungeon to see how it looks inside. You have to step through the portal to be transported into the dungeon to see what is happening.

Also, the book doesn't care what you associate wind with. She does not have lightning minions available currently, and her spirit form has no combat power. Even then, who says that the mythril golems have circuits? Even if they look like gundams, they are a mass of metal powered by magic, not technology. Bullets changing the trajectory because of wind? Those are M2 Brownings, 12.7mm. They have a lot of energy, too much to be affected much by wind at only 1km distance. Not to mention that it is a narrow corridor. Wind simply cannot unfold much power there because there is no room.

@neorasp
what circuits ? it's not gundams but golems. they don't have circuits to begin with. range of arrows way inferior to bullets, those on higher place have advantage of gravity vs disadvantage of those who's on low. power of bullets superior to arrows, hardness of mythril vs soft flash of angels, and to begin with stolas forces not have ranged troops as she didn't expected that it will be shoot out. ever demon lords not something high spec, especially those new born and lose vs high tier monsters. and again, stolas in her own dungeon while her spirit just form to scout. and rooms/floors not physically connected but via portals (again imagine RO) to do something you need to enter that floor/room

@Narf
+ those MG not freshly summoned but modified/remade by dwarf bullets included so it boosted greatly. in LN mc not only trained in dungeon but also constantly summoned guns and dwarf modded or recreated them using mythril + improved design

Fed-Kun's army
@vykos
@narf
we could argue technical matters for a month but it doesn't change the fact that windy didnt even try to come up with original ways to deal with this predicment.
I do not know as much as windy does about the settings so she could come up with better plans than i did. did she even try?

Dex-chan lover
@neorasp
You're being ridiculous. She has entered the dungeon like 30 seconds ago and just saw for the first time what was going on and you go off and judge her already. Way to go. How about you sit down and just watch what's coming, since you obviously haven't read the novel, judging from your comments here?

Dex-chan lover
I can hear golem shout “LMG MOUNTED AND LOADED LET THEM COME”

Oh lord and savior

It took the best armies in the worlds years and millions of dead to figure out how to deal with entrenched machineguns in our world, and that is with the machine guns in question being known elements that had been in use for decades already on a smaller scale. Before anyone invokes magic, WWI-Era howitzer shells are more destructive than what, say, a fireball is represented to be in most settings. As WWI evidenced just having raw firepowere is not enough to deal with entrenched positions, it needs to be used properly.

Expecting anyone from a world where such machinery does not exist to figure out how to deal with it quickly is crazy.

It doesn't even matter tbh, it's a fantasy setting. But people need to realize how hard it is was to figure out how to deal with such weapons of war when they were new and that hindsight is 20/20

Fed-Kun's army
I was so waiting for this to get translated.
Talk about getting sprayed.

Fed-Kun's army
@Vocalereder
I can hear golem shout “LMG MOUNTED AND LOADED LET THEM COME”

Oh lord and savior
Better than that. It's an M2 Browning, a heavy machine gun.
At least the artist is using references now.
20120112111059!M2_Browning%2C_Mus%C3%A9e_de_l%27Arm%C3%A9e.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread