Maou-sama no Machizukuri! ~Saikyou no Dungeon wa Kindai Toshi~

Dex-chan lover
AFAICT It is implied that MC was created
with the knowledge earth but he is not someone from earth
But it is not stated whether they are in
future earth or not
Regardless, it fits the "not this world" category

Where are the English translations, honestly English is the universal trade language and it's late?!

Group Leader
its not isekai tho. the borderland is an actual other world, kinda like purgatory or the sea of souls ala Persona, this isn't that. reincarnation or similar doesn't automatically make it isekai.

Dex-chan lover
@Batotopls probably because fantasy tag covers isekai, but having isekai tag makes it easy to filter them out

I haven’t read this but can anyone say what makes this different than the countless other isekai out there

I get that we're in technicality territory, but the whole point of isekai is that someone gets to use earth knowledge to be better in fantasyland, or someone from earth gets to just be super strong in fantasyland. If a dude starts making guns chapter 1 and someone else goes "wow that's wild and crazy" I think it's safe to shove it in the isekai genre even if he's not from earth or whatever.

The people who want to read more isekai are probably gonna want to at least see this, and people who filter out the isekai tag definitely want nothing to do with it, so leaving the tag off is getting hung up on details.

Group Leader
Procell lost a bit of his charisma in this adaptation...

And for anyone who arguing is this isekai or not, there is a patisserie reincarnated as a baron in the same universe (different story), so while Procell story isn't an isekai by definition, the world is.

Dex-chan lover
@bradek
no major characters died (the ones that did got resurrected (with the two medals he received from the creator) ) from protagonist's side.

Users who are viewing this thread